[Albion] Will the awful showing at Everton force action in the transfer window?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
We are undoubtedly exposed to a serious injury to Maupay. However, on the plus side we create a lot, and are scoring goals. This season's stats are interesting....only 5 Premier League teams have scored more than us (despite our tough start). And we've been the better team in three of our first four games (Chelsea only marginally so, admittedly).

I know not everyone believes in the concept of xG, but we are FIFTH on this basis (we've scored in line with our xG rating, but have conceded more, by quite a margin.....which possibly indicates that we've been rather unlucky to concede a good few of the goals against).

All in all, I think we've had a decent start - playing well, but a bit unlucky at times.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
We are undoubtedly exposed to a serious injury to Maupay. However, on the plus side we create a lot, and are scoring goals. This season's stats are interesting....only 5 Premier League teams have scored more than us (despite our tough start). And we've been the better team in three of our first four games (Chelsea only marginally so, admittedly).

I know not everyone believes in the concept of xG, but we are FIFTH on this basis (we've scored in line with our xG rating, but have conceded more, by quite a margin.....which possibly indicates that we've been rather unlucky to concede a good few of the goals against).

All in all, I think we've had a decent start - playing well, but a bit unlucky at times.

Look at you with your 'I know as much as Swansman' clever comments. Well said.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Were you watching yesterday because it was pretty obvious?
Double up on lamptey.
Bully the midfield.
Get plenty of crosses in ,as we can’t defend them right now.

Nothing that’s can be fixed and on a good day we can take teams apart. Got to stop gifting goals though.

And that's your 'blueprint'? :bowdown:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
And that's your 'blueprint'? :bowdown:

It is.

Do you think opposition teams will steer clear of putting lots of crosses in after watching the Everton game?
Only I noticed when Everton put crosses in, we struggled.
What do you reckon ?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
bit of a catch 22 situation for Albion & GP ..... everyone asking what was the point of the academy as it has not produced yet playing the young inexperienced players like Alzate & Connolly is the only way such players will gain the experience they need to become even better ...

I agree with GP's comments that the transfer window always brings conversations about in comings to improve the squad yet most fail to mention those we already have can be improved to the level of any signings being demanded

the only areas that look like they need more/better choice is LWB to challenge March & striker for competition for places and cover for injuries/suspensions but I have doubts there will be any 'BIG' marquee signings this season

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
We had no striker on the bench today and a young lad up front who should be on the bench or out on loan starting. If we don’t solve that (and not with a young lad from the Swiss monkey league) we’ll go down.
We also need to sack whoever is coaching set pieces, at both ends of the pitch

True on 3rd October and more or less still true on 27th Feb. Except we did have some average strikers on the bench this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports