Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Thatcher's Funeral Pass Without Incident?

Will Thatcher's Funeral Pass Without Incident

• It will pass peacefully and respectfully

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • It is inevitable it will be ruined

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I want it to pass peacefully but fear it won't.

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • It deserves to be ruined however don't think it will

Votes: 14 14.1%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And don't forget that Tony Blair gave 70% back saying 'Why shouldn't we give it back, we're rich' :facepalm:

And don't forget that Cameron recently went to Brussels, claimed he bargained hard but the UK's contributions have increased. It's also amusing that he is currently being ignored over that daft survey and has been told they're not going to re-open the Lisbon treaty which is what his referendum will be based on. Great bargaining Dave. You're such a power and influence.

Feb 3, 2013
Better than watching war criminal Blair and dopey gormless Gordan Brown just rocking up and told to sign here and they did without reading the small print :facepalm:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Too many anti Maggie agitators around, not a chance, sadly

"Agitators"

It's really back to eighties isn't it ? I read the Daily Mail today regarding it and thought it was 1983.

For a second I was looking forward to a cup final.

Feb 3, 2013
Laurel and Hardy spring to mind.

Worse than that. They were utter embarrassment to our country, they were a laughing stock within the EU. At least maggie ruled with an iron fist and had EU leaders wearing padded underwear to stop the leaks running down their legs. Tony and Gordan rock up and the EU leaders were in stitches wondering how much will these couple of clowns squirm and fold and they folded like a deck of cards.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
As was pointed out on the TV, that is a drop in the ocean compared to the £75BILLION pounds of rebates she negotiated from the EU, let alone all the other money she saved by smashing the greedy unions.

To be honest that's irrelevant. We are all employed to make money for our employers and I dare say many of us earn our employers thousands or even millions. But we also get paid a wage, most of us earning considerably less than a Prime Minister, but who else gets our funerals paid for and why should we?

Dandyman

In London village.
What ever your political opinions i find it emotionally callous to celebrate someones death, however i really can't help but think this funeral won't pass peacefully without being hijacked by some ****, protesters etc... i hope i am wrong.

I can't think of the death of any prominent left-winger that has not been accompanied by insults from the right, so spare us the pious drivel.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"Agitators"

It's really back to eighties isn't it ? I read the Daily Mail today regarding it and thought it was 1983.

For a second I was looking forward to a cup final.

Maybe you're stuck in the 80s? The term agitator was around long before Maggie Thatcher was born and is still in use as far as I know :shrug:

The Daily Mail you say, I thought that was banned for NSCers :wink:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Maybe you're stuck in the 80s? The term agitator was around long before Maggie Thatcher was born and is still in use as far as I know :shrug:

The Daily Mail you say, I thought that was banned for NSCers :wink:

Oh come on. The Daily Mail and Sun and been having a field day writing stories about Militants and Agitators.

.. And so are a certain elder generation on here. FFS someone was banging on about the SWP the other day.

Get your leg warmers out and make the most of it.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
So numerous dignitaries from all over the world, their security and the world's media should all try and fit themselves in / around St Wulfram's C.of.E Church, Grantham? And maybe Gorby and George Bush could have a chat over sausage rolls at the Dog & Duck wake?

Generations of my family have been dispatched from St Wulframs but I doubt if Margaret Thatcher would even have considered it: she saw herself as far too posh for the town of her birth, one reason for a surprising lack of affection for her in Lincolnshire. Grantham might be true blue but it likes mud on its wellies.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Better than watching war criminal Blair and dopey gormless Gordan Brown just rocking up and told to sign here and they did without reading the small print :facepalm:

As a reply to " War Criminal Blair " I can give you two words.....

Thatcher- Belgrano. As they say, one persons freedom fighter is another persons terrorist

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
As a reply to " War Criminal Blair " I can give you two words.....

Thatcher- Belgrano. As they say, one persons freedom fighter is another persons terrorist

The difference being in your example between Thatcher and Bliar wars is.
One PM sent troops to fight invaders of a British country.
One PM sent troops to fight in a country that is not a British country.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Our Prime Minister said " If you cross this line we will kill you.....oh, and if you don't cross this line, we will still kill you "

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

and both were wrong.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh come on. The Daily Mail and Sun and been having a field day writing stories about Militants and Agitators.

.. And so are a certain elder generation on here. FFS someone was banging on about the SWP the other day.

Get your leg warmers out and make the most of it.

Shit, I had hoped to put them away I thought Spring was here.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Worse than that. They were utter embarrassment to our country, they were a laughing stock within the EU. At least maggie ruled with an iron fist and had EU leaders wearing padded underwear to stop the leaks running down their legs. Tony and Gordan rock up and the EU leaders were in stitches wondering how much will these couple of clowns squirm and fold and they folded like a deck of cards.

Try to at least maintain some sort of objectivity in these discussions, insane rants like that just make us all think you are a bit of a fruitloop.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Poll options are too specific. I don't think it will be 'ruined' as security will be sufficient to ensure that, but nor will it pass off 'without incident'.

Agree with that - the security (paid for out of my taxes and your's) will probably prevent any disruption to the funeral.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Isn't that what Daffy duck Ed and his sidekick Balls do? Thought so.

Newbie tip - don't post pissed, go and sleep it off and come back tomorrow.

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
Agree with that - the security (paid for out of my taxes and your's) will probably prevent any disruption to the funeral.

I don't mind paying more out of my taxes for Maggie's funeral. Money worth spent than Duffy Duck Ed milliband benefit Clements .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here