Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Thatcher's Funeral Pass Without Incident?

Will Thatcher's Funeral Pass Without Incident

• It will pass peacefully and respectfully

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • It is inevitable it will be ruined

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I want it to pass peacefully but fear it won't.

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • It deserves to be ruined however don't think it will

Votes: 14 14.1%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Churchill was a knats cock from being thrown out in the early part of the war, due to incompetant decisions and lack of trust from the public, who in the majority disliked him. But some very good speeches and important successes in the battleffield ressurected his popularity and became, supposedly, the greatest
PM of all time........hang on a minute that sounds very familiar

He was dumped by the electorate at the first election after the war too, there's British gratitude for you :smile:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
you would have to drag me there kicking and screaming .......but if it happened I would turn my back on her

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I won't be paying too much attention to Mrs. T's funeral and hope it passes with out incident. She's history now, so move on. There are far more important issues in the world to get worked up about.

No doubt there will be some Charlie Gilmour-esque idiot who will try some sort of stunt. But TBH if some chinless wonder or chavvy oik wants to dance on her grave it will be a pretty cheap and insignificant gesture, deserving of contempt. The time to protest was when she was accountable at the ballot box, not now. This is a democracy, so make use of it.

Mrs. T. wasn't popular in all quarters and by no means my favourite politician but she certainly had balls and showed incredible bravery immediately after the IRA tried to assassinate her. So I don't think for one minute she'd get phased by a a bit of egg chucking, she'd shrug that off, no problem. In fact I could just imagine her giving some oik a good handbagging and carrying on. If only we had a few more politicians with backbone.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I expect the worst injuries we'll see will be burst blood vessels among some of the red-faced outraged Thatcherites

Na, not if her mates from the SAS get hold of some little scrotes trying to disrupt things. Are there still "Thatcherites"? I thought that Tony Blair was the last one?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Along with a significant minority of folk I absolutely detested this woman.

I don't think the extravagant funeral is merited,but I'm delighted it's happening, even if it's thirty five years too late.

So I hope it passes peacefully and this divisive character can finally be done with.

Just don't try to enforce a minutes silence anywhere I am,because I would not observe it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
A few hundred midgets dressed as munchkins singing "the witch is dead" as the gun carriage rolls by would be the ultimate send off.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Undoubtedly I fear there will be major disorder from a bunch of mainly young people who if questioned would not be able to coherently explain why they feel the need to protest and what precisely did she do. In other words just a poor excuse for a day of public disorder and a ruck with the police.

And if anyone again thinks its clever to deface Churchill's statue they should be shot!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Along with a significant minority of folk I absolutely detested this woman.

I don't think the extravagant funeral is merited,but I'm delighted it's happening, even if it's thirty five years too late.

So I hope it passes peacefully and this divisive character can finally be done with.

Just don't try to enforce a minutes silence anywhere I am,because I would not observe it.

I thought she was absolutely fantastic for this Country. As I backed the winner, you can winge all you like with all the other loooooosers. I think that if there are any protests on the day, she will be happy, because she will get her lads from the Met to crack a few skulls in her memory, just like they did to the union filth all those years ago.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
I fear the Thames barrier may need to be raised, to deal with all the ps*"ing predicted by all the loonies out there

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
I thought she was absolutely fantastic for this Country. As I backed the winner, you can winge all you like with all the other loooooosers. I think that if there are any protests on the day, she will be happy, because she will get her lads from the Met to crack a few skulls in her memory, just like they did to the union filth all those years ago.

sorry pork pie, only just read your post, i think i am in love again

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Feb 3, 2013
I'll be in attendance and if any of these gobby students start hurling abuse I'll be arrested as I'll give them a right good pasting. She deserves respect. All these people who held parties and cheered then I hope they have horrible deaths.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I disagreed with many of Thatchers policies, I thought ding Dong was vaguely amusing and I will not shed a tear on her passing. I have absolutely no interest in her funeral but am disgusted that apparently it's going to cost the taxpayer 10 million quid, money that would be better used paying nurses and doctors to save lives. However, that said I think anyone who disrupts a funeral, even if they despise the deceased, is the lowest of the low. I won't be in London on Wednesday, but if I happened to be in the area as the funeral procession passed I would watch in in a respectful silence.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I disagreed with many of Thatchers policies, I thought ding Dong was vaguely amusing and I will not shed a tear on her passing. I have absolutely no interest in her funeral but am disgusted that apparently it's going to cost the taxpayer 10 million quid, money that would be better used paying nurses and doctors to save lives. However, that said I think anyone who disrupts a funeral, even if they despise the deceased, is the lowest of the low. I won't be in London on Wednesday, but if I happened to be in the area as the funeral procession passed I would watch in in a respectful silence.

As was pointed out on the TV, that is a drop in the ocean compared to the £75BILLION pounds of rebates she negotiated from the EU, let alone all the other money she saved by smashing the greedy unions.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As was pointed out on the TV, that is a drop in the ocean compared to the £75BILLION pounds of rebates she negotiated from the EU, let alone all the other money she saved by smashing the greedy unions.

Been reading the mail and torygraph again PP lol

Goat lung

Jan 27, 2013
If there is a hint of trouble I shall set my hounds upon the perpetrators , as I am not now allowed to set them on the foxes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here