Will Thatcher's Funeral Pass Without Incident?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Thatcher's Funeral Pass Without Incident

• It will pass peacefully and respectfully

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • It is inevitable it will be ruined

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I want it to pass peacefully but fear it won't.

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • It deserves to be ruined however don't think it will

Votes: 14 14.1%

• Total voters

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I am by no means a Tory boy nor have ever voted Conservative... but why shouldn't a Lady who led the country for 11 years not be given a funeral of this stature at the publics expense? She made **** ups but i do feel she felt what she was doing was right...

I feel that many lefties will show themselves up as fools come Wednesday.

Why should she be singled out for this treatment? Attlee never got it and he rebuilt this country after the war. Churhchill was deserving as he was a genuinely national leader who saw the country through the war. Thatcher was an ideologue who run roughshod over large parts of the country throwing people on the scrapheap without a care in the world. Why the hell should anyone who had a torrid time under her rule have to pay for this extremely partisan occasion.

Thatcher was no ordinary leader, for good and in my opinion, ill she changed this country forever, and has sown the seeds of today's troubles, given the divisions she created her funeral should be private one for her family, friends and colleagues.

The funeral promises to be an utterly nauseating spectacle and I am looking forward to its swift conclusion.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Why should she be singled out for this treatment? Attlee never got it and he rebuilt this country after the war. Churhchill was deserving as he was a genuinely national leader who saw the country through the war. Thatcher was an ideologue who run roughshod over large parts of the country throwing people on the scrapheap without a care in the world. Why the hell should anyone who had a torrid time under her rule have to pay for this extremely partisan occasion.

Thatcher was no ordinary leader, for good and in my opinion, ill she changed this country forever, and has sown the seeds of today's troubles, given the divisions she created her funeral should be private one for her family, friends and colleagues.

The funeral promises to be an utterly nauseating spectacle and I am looking forward to its swift conclusion.

She represented the country in the highest political position, that is why. Atlee should definitely had a funeral equal to Thatcher but the fact he didn't doesn't mean she shouldn't... two wrongs and all that...

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Bit disappointing we're not getting a day off for it; considering all the people she put out of work it would seem fitting.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I may consider her heinous, but i wouldn't kick up a fuss to make a statement during a funeral of any kind. There are people in the living world to fight against and it's best to concentrate on them really.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
What ever your political opinions i find it emotionally callous to celebrate someones death, however i really can't help but think this funeral won't pass peacefully without being hijacked by some ****, protesters etc... i hope i am wrong.

The whole thing's been hijacked by the Government already hasn't it?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

This, plus by having a big public spectacle its almost provoking a response. Other than Churchill, no politician should deserve or expect such treatment. I won't be watching or listening to this funeral but I can fully understand people protesting at this one final injustice inflicted upon them.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I think security will be good but there'll be a few minor (no pun intended!) incidents.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Poll options are too specific. I don't think it will be 'ruined' as security will be sufficient to ensure that, but nor will it pass off 'without incident'.

This, so haven't voted.

There will be noisy and visible, but quite small demonstrations, which will be hugely exaggerated in the media, amid much pompous hand-wringing and outrage from the media about "lack of respect" etc.

In practice, however, the funeral will go ahead as planned, with most people involved in it unaware of and unaffected by the demonstrations. So not ruined.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Churhchill was deserving as he was a genuinely national leader who saw the country through the war.

He was far from a nice person during his political career prior to the war though and he cared about the little man even less than Thatcher.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I am by no means a Tory boy nor have ever voted Conservative... but why shouldn't a Lady who led the country for 11 years not be given a funeral of this stature at the publics expense? She made **** ups but i do feel she felt what she was doing was right....

I'm sure many people who hated Thatcher and make those views known on the day will feel that what they are doing is right as well.

Sep 20, 2005
Not just Wednesday. They've been an embarrassment all week

Quite right. If only those lefties had the decorum, grace and manners of the other side, who wouldn't dream of saying anything disrespectful a day or so after someone's death.

BHWTV71CUAAkR5q.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think the best statement anyone could make would be to ignore the whole thing and let her miserable remains be driven through empty streets, unwatched by an indifferent public.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I am by no means a Tory boy nor have ever voted Conservative... but why shouldn't a Lady who led the country for 11 years not be given a funeral of this stature at the publics expense? She made **** ups but i do feel she felt what she was doing was right...

I feel that many lefties will show themselves up as fools come Wednesday.

I just hope that if some of there pieces of shit try anything, the Police show no mercy. If some of the scum end up dead it will be just what they deserve for ruining a fitting tribute to a great leader.

If people celebrated her removal from power, then that is their choice. If they celebrate her death - then I hope they die in agony themselves the sick ****s!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Churchill was a knats cock from being thrown out in the early part of the war, due to incompetant decisions and lack of trust from the public, who in the majority disliked him. But some very good speeches and important successes in the battleffield ressurected his popularity and became, supposedly, the greatest
PM of all time........hang on a minute that sounds very familiar

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I just hope that if some of there pieces of shit try anything, the Police show no mercy. If some of the scum end up dead it will be just what they deserve for ruining a fitting tribute to a great leader.

If people celebrated her removal from power, then that is their choice. If they celebrate her death - then I hope they die in agony themselves the sick ****s!

I expect the worst injuries we'll see will be burst blood vessels among some of the red-faced outraged Thatcherites

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports