"Will someone acknowledge me?"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
twitter is shite
and face book even worse:sick:

Soooo this. Never been on either

NSC good though but I have to log on at work to use it as we don't have a computer at home
How can you possibly form that opinion without using either?

Facebook is not for me, I even managed to delete my account.

But Twitter is an excellent means of keeping in touch with specific events.
If you use to follow Nooney into Nando's then you only have yourself to blame.

If you want to know what happening at the UCI AGM (which I did) it's invaluable.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

If you want to know what happening at the UCI AGM (which I did) it's invaluable.

Indeed.

Someone should produce a cartoon along the lines of 'Will someone acknowledge that I don't use Facebook!'

Both useful/funny/internet sites. Bit like NSC! Don't see the issue. If your facebook is full of dicks posting crap then meeting them face to face isn't really going to make much of a difference is it? Your friends are dicks. And if you are worried about what other people you don't know are posting on there. Why?
Twitter can be really interesting and insightful. Tend to enjoy following journalists the most.

Also, for overseas fans, I enjoy the BHAFC hashtag on match day. Adds a bit of colour and some pictures to the radio commentary.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

This is what I was trying to get at. If you're going to say something like that you need to justify it. There are people that are hooked up to facebook 24/7 and share their lives on it. If that's what they want to do, good luck to them. Personally, i have it open during the day because, working for myself, I don't have any 'office banter', so sometimes, it's good to have a chat with people on there, or see what my friends are up to. What's the problem with that? People say things like "Well if you want to keep in touch with people, why don't you meet up with them, or phone them?", well good luck with that when you've got, say, 100 friends. Imagine you've got something to say, why not get it done in one go, rather than individually telling people. It's efficient in that sense.

Twitter I didn't get, but use it very differently to Facebook, more from a work perspective, and it allows me to form groups in different areas, so you are almost separating out what you want to see and when. Very good for sports results/news; don't care *so* much for the following celebs stuff, but I like some of the parody accounts, and ones that give you access to stuff you would not normally see.

So there you go, Glasfyn, BrianWade4, and Shropshire Seagull, there are just some of the reasons why I don't find them 'shite'. Your go...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As one of the older generation, I enjoy using Facebook & Twitter. Like everything else in life, it's as good or as bad as you make it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I find the internet and social media and NSC etc very useful sitting around on set all day long or sat on an 8 hour coach journey which I do at least twice a week. Breaks up the boredom a bit and ideal for when I don't want to read and am not in the mood for talking to others. The sort of person that spends every moment of his free time on-line would be doing something equally spazzy if the internet didn't exist. Dungeons & Dragons or summat.

I draw the line at Twitter though. Just don't get it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I find the internet and social media and NSC etc very useful sitting around on set all day long or sat on an 8 hour coach journey which I do at least twice a week. Breaks up the boredom a bit and ideal for when I don't want to read and am not in the mood for talking to others. The sort of person that spends every moment of his free time on-line would be doing something equally spazzy if the internet didn't exist. Dungeons & Dragons or summat.

I draw the line at Twitter though. Just don't get it.

NSC Perhaps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here