Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will some of the supporters be the weak link next season?

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
Completely agree. Yesterday was unbelievable. I understand the day was an anti climax but some young kiddy to the side of me spent the second half of the game getting completely stuck into numerous players and complaining how bad we are. For heavens sake we all wanted to win but we are up. One bad game from an already promoted team and people are getting stuck into the team. How on earth are idiots like this going to react when we no doubt get stuffed on several occasions next season. Next season we need to live the dream but importantly support our team throughout all the toughs times that will without doubt occur.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I was genuinely shocked when I came onto NSC yesterday after the game. I had to ban myself for, well, a few hours. There was so much wailing and whining, tears and tantrums. You'd think we'd just been relegated. No-one can deny that yesterday's performance was poor. But we shouldn't let it eclipse this season's fantastic main achievement.

Yes; I have left it till now (Sunday p.m.) knowing that fellow posters will have taken defeat yesterday very badly. OK, I felt "flat" after the game, but it wasn't devastating and there's another chance to win the trophy against Villa. Perhaps we will, perhaps not. We've become so used to winning, and so used to barely conceding a goal, that anything short of that is magnified into something horrendous. The years of decline, then survival, recovery, and now blossoming of our Club should have taught us that, though there are setbacks and disappointments, we're heading in the right direction and ultimately, all will be well for the Albion. The stage was set for another celebration yesterday, but it didn't happen. Disappointing. But this season's target has been achieved, and while the title would be nice, let's rejoice in our success and look forward to an interesting close-season as we prepare for the Prem. Keep the faith - up the Albion!:thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The summer spend (including loanees) by the club, will largely determine the odds of staying up, play on the pitch and ensuing mood amongst fans.

This benchmark to three southern clubs that went up and have stayed there:
2012 - with lower TV money then, Southampton spent £33m on 8 players.
2013 - CPFC ditto, £26m on a whole host of players.
2015 - Bournemouth, £41m on 11 players. Again with less lucrative TV money then.

Hughton's brand of football, with some better players in key positions including goals in the team, will keep everyone on board.

M'boro failed to do this and even their gritty, loyal fans who thought they'd won the Champions League last May, have whinged, moaned, infought, not turned up, with the best of moaners this season. Completely understandable. Shite on the pitch and a win every two months is demoralising, except for Uber fans.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Yes, I am sorry now that I posted a negative comment immediately after the game. I was gutted after two uncharacteristically poor performances when the title is tantalizingly within grasp.

We are UP though and that should not be overlooked. Next season my attitude, and I believe others, will be very different . We are new boys.. We have to fight, scramble and claw for every point . Up against the big boys every draw will be a victory .

Come what may , I am 'Brighton 'till I die' ! :albion2:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes, I am sorry now that I posted a negative comment immediately after the game. I was gutted after two uncharacteristically poor performances when the title is tantalizingly within grasp.

We are UP though and that should not be overlooked. Next season my attitude, and I believe others, will be very different . We are new boys.. We have to fight, scramble and claw for every point . Up against the big boys every draw will be a victory .

Come what may , I am 'Brighton 'till I die' ! :albion2:

Absolutely no reason to apologize for posting a negative comment. A lot of the negative posting is much nearer to the truth unlike the utter bollox being spotted defending yesterdays crap. Dress it as much as you like but if we do fail to lift the title then we did blow it massively.

Obviously promotion was our main aim but that was bagged a couple of weeks ago. We have had so many chances to claim the title and have fooked them all up.
One more chance left and it will be the most difficult one of them all.
Strange but i'm not that fussed now. We won't see the trophy unless you go to the open bus parade. Such a shame as yesterday was the perfect day for it. Our first ever trophy lift at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here