Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will raise a glass in memory of Jock

legalseagull

Feb 7, 2004
brighton
tonight will raise a glass in memory of Jock and tomorrow we are off up to Peterboro' to cheer the lads amid strong memories of the stories Jock shared with us about the laughs he had during his years with the Albion lads.

Cheers Jock miss you mate

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
tonight will raise a glass in memory of Jock and tomorrow we are off up to Peterboro' to cheer the lads amid strong memories of the stories Jock shared with us about the laughs he had during his years with the Albion lads.

Cheers Jock miss you mate

Sounds like he was a real mate. For those of us that didn't have the pleasure to know him, can you give us a bit of background.

legalseagull

Feb 7, 2004
brighton
Jock was a steward at the albion from the days of Brian Clough and then went on to be kit man under numerous managers including Adams during his first spell in charge. he was a true glaswegian but loved the albion. sadly we lost him to cancer in 2002. but in spirit he will always be following the albion the stories he could tell the pranks he pulled were legendary.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Was one of the stories about how the washing powder was being used rather quickly and it was thought that maybe somebody was having a little pilfer so the box of powder was topped up with some sort of cement.

Thjey never caught the culprit but the pilfering stoipped......& it was just a conincidence that slimy bellotti needed a new washing machine!

legalseagull

Feb 7, 2004
brighton
yes was Jock the Kit man. got thrown in the bath at hereford, rigged Stevie Gritt's golf trolley on his stag weekend and as for Dick Knight driving around london with a bag full of dirty kit for a week after a match at gillingham :clap2:.................................

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
He was a great guy, sadly missed but I have many happy memories of laughs with him on the Seagulls Special :lol:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Bloody hell, I had no idea he was dead. Still have the programme from his and Malcolm Stuart's testimonial in 2001.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I thought he died years ago, are you sure we are talking about the same Jock?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Total legend. Perhaps the story of him and Russell Bromage in Russia and the role played by John Vinicombe in avoiding a diplomatic issue would be very appropriate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here