Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will poyet be our manager still in the dug out for the first game of next season

will gus poyet be in our dugout as manager first game off the new season

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He wouldn't appreciate the inevitable abuse from quite a few from the stands he'll get after a bad run if he comes back. Something he's never had to handle before either. Not sure it would be anything but a disaster waiting to happen knowing his frailty with accepting criticism

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
As we don't know the whole truth, not sure is the only way we can vote imo. I haven't and won't take sides until we know the truth, that's if we ever do know what went on.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Who on this thread has made any such claim?

I think this is pre-emptive, and given NSCs track record I'd say a good call. (Or is that speculation?)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have we actually got a dug out?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
fact.gif

No

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Have to vote not sure as I don't know the full story with every little detail. Anything else would be pure speculation

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I genuinely hope not. He's left the club in a bad way, with no left back, potentially only two first team center backs if AEA doesn't sign, and two aging right backs. I'm genuinely of the opinion that he's bought in experienced aging players with a very short term view, and ultimately it hasn't paid off. Okay he's bought in some decent young attackers in his time, Noone, Buckley, Lua Lua, and also Bridcutt as a CM, but defensively it will need to be one hell of an upheaval next season. He's also spent his time with CMS, Ulloa, Vicente, Upson, Bridge, all players who are very good but not long term signings or signings of a manager who ever planned to be here for the long term project. I think he wants to go. Personal opinion and all that.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Has a suspension/legal dispute between a manager and a club ever taken this long before? Any examples?

Not exactly the same scenario, but Phil Brown and his assistant Brian Horton were put on gardening leave by Hull in March 2010. Iain Dowie was then recruited as de facto caretaker manager. Brown finally had his contract ended in June. So three months in total.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here