Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will posh boy tories be saved by their posh boy nemesis Boris tonight.

HOFNSKIN

Feb 12, 2012
Will Cocaine Dave & Gormless Gideon be saved from political meltdown tonight by the sucess of their old BULLINGDON MATE BORIS?

POSH POLITICS FOR POSH BOY IRISH BRIGANDS.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not that I give two shits about politics, didn't bother voting for mayor, in fact they should just amalgamate all wannabe politicians and MPs and let them fight it out for who can get the biggest bungs... but I'm glad that slimy turd Red Ken looks like he's finally going to be force retired out of politics.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Will Cocaine Dave & Gormless Gideon be saved from political meltdown tonight by the sucess of their old BULLINGDON MATE BORIS?

'Cocaine Dave'????????.......Does he have a conviction/caution for possession of cocaine then?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
'Cocaine Dave'????????.......Does he have a conviction/caution for possession of cocaine then?

No, but he was quite coy regarding allegations he took some before coming an MP. Not that I think it matters at all. But he didn't/wouldn't say no...

That's where the name came from.

Wouldn't be surprised - working in the media around that time that he did. But I couldn't give a toss either way to be honest.

Like the thread title, he really is their nemesis. Same with Ken though to his party.

Wish the both of them would disappear. We deserve better in London. Recently read about books about both of them and I struggle to see which either actually believe in.

Does make me chuckle (especially on here) when the "Thatcherites" get behind Cameron and Gideon.

Know nothing about Thatcher then... she would have hated them. I suspect she would have had a bit of a soft spot for Boris though, irrespective of his schooling.

Just read a fascinating book about Boris, a very sympathetic portrayal as it goes. Didn't realise the extent to which he is hated by the Cameron sect. If I was a Tory I find it quite difficult to support both, unless I knew f*ck all about the Tory party.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure about London but the rest of the country has sent a very clear message about their feelings towards the coalition.

It was only ever going to be a kicking for the coalition & I expect Labour will win the next election. Why would those in the cushy public sector vote Tory when their gold plated pensions, salaries & jobs are under attack. Labour got us into this mess & overspent trying to get out of this mess. It is always a Tory government that has to bale them out. I suspect that in less than 10 years this country will be on a par with some of our main brethren in Europe & when the Tories come back will have to make even further cuts!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

'Replaced' rather than 'saved' is a liklier medium term outcome

D

Deleted member 22389

It was only ever going to be a kicking for the coalition & I expect Labour will win the next election. Why would those in the cushy public sector vote Tory when their gold plated pensions, salaries & jobs are under attack. Labour got us into this mess & overspent trying to get out of this mess. It is always a Tory government that has to bale them out. I suspect that in less than 10 years this country will be on a par with some of our main brethren in Europe & when the Tories come back will have to make even further cuts!

People will never learn. Think your right, Labour will win the next election. Once Labour get in again, the people who voted them in will soon be moaning again to get them out. As long as Milliband and Balls are sticking up for the average man on the street by buying their sausage rolls and pasties from Greggs the Bakers then everything will be OK.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As long as Milliband and Balls are sticking up for the average man on the street by buying their sausage rolls and pasties from Greggs the Bakers then everything will be OK.

I'd rather this than sticking up for the non-average man, and themselves, by cutting higher rate tax.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They did get a kicking but not the kicking they should have. I for the first time think Cameron and Osborne are so hated now, no matter what happens they are toast in 2015. They have given no vision which for me which is the worst thing. If they said and set out a path to show people that all the pain now would be worth it in the future , you may, just about stomach it but as it is they say " shut up and take your medicine we are not going to change " and that's the main problem with them. 99% of people have been left with no hope anymore. Thats a dangerous game to play and Cameron / Osborne can't see this but they will in 2015. At that stage a Balloon with a face drawn on it in a suit as Labour leader should be able to win the election.

D

Deleted member 22389

They did get a kicking but not the kicking they should have. I for the first time think Cameron and Osborne are so hated now, no matter what happens they are toast in 2015. They have given no vision which for me which is the worst thing. If they said and set out a path to show people that all the pain now would be worth it in the future , you may, just about stomach it but as it is they say " shut up and take your medicine we are not going to change " and that's the main problem with them. 99% of people have been left with no hope anymore. Thats a dangerous game to play and Cameron / Osborne can't see this but they will in 2015. At that stage a Balloon with a face drawn on it in a suit as Labour leader should be able to win the election.

Your right. None of the major parties have given a vision for the future. They are more interested in what they look like, and slagging each other off than actually sorting out the problems in this country. Con, Lib, Lab they are all the same I am afraid.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Your right. None of the major parties have given a vision for the future. They are more interested in what they look like, and slagging each other off than actually sorting out the problems in this country. Con, Lib, Lab they are all the same I am afraid.

The thing is the only policy is AUSTERITY, AUSTERITY, AUSTERITY, AUSTERITY. You have all been naughty boys and girls and will be punished. Well, ok, there is some truth in that but lets have some vision for the future rather than pain and slash and burn. If people have no vision they have no hope.

32% turnout.

Labour 39%
Conservative 31%
Liberal Democrats 16%
UKIP 13%

D

Deleted member 22389

The thing is the only policy is AUSTERITY, AUSTERITY, AUSTERITY, AUSTERITY. You have all been naughty boys and girls and will be punished. Well, ok, there is some truth in that but lets have some vision for the future rather than pain and slash and burn. If people have no vision they have no hope.

32% turnout.

Labour 39%
Conservative 31%
Liberal Democrats 16%
UKIP 13%

We should create a new party called Listen. 32% turnout sums it all up.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

32% turnout.

Labour 39%
Conservative 31%
Liberal Democrats 16%
UKIP 13%

Interesting figure for UKIP given they didn't field candidates everywhere. Lib Dems should be very worried.

Dandyman

In London village.
I would be wary of reading too much into local election results but it needs to be remembered that the Tories failed to win the General Election in 2012 when any half competent opposition party should have walked it.

They are now even more unpopular than before and facing pressure from the even more extreme wingnuts of UKIP.

On current trends Milliband will be in Number 10 by 2015.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Agreed but Warsi making the link, or subtly implying a link, to the BNP was foolish as well. UKIP will steal votes from the Tories next election. I don't think Labour will walk it - I can see both Labour and Tories getting almost equal votes, and Lib Dems and UKIP likewise. That should make for an interesting set of deal making to be made !!!!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
More posh bashing.

Mid term elections are always poor for the incumbent government - nothing new there. Yes, it was bad for the Tories, but at time when this government is "perceived" to be the devil incarnate, the inroads should have been MUCH greater.

Boris winning in Labour London at this time would be a massive coup for the Tories.

D

Deleted member 22389

Agreed but Warsi making the link, or subtly implying a link, to the BNP was foolish as well. UKIP will steal votes from the Tories next election. I don't think Labour will walk it - I can see both Labour and Tories getting almost equal votes, and Lib Dems and UKIP likewise. That should make for an interesting set of deal making to be made !!!!

Ed Miliband on Radio 5 Live. His words "People are suffering. Labour can change Britain for the better. People can put their faith in us again. We need to show people, how we can make their life better. When it comes to services, Labour can make a difference"

I am sure I have heard this before. There is nothing new here and there is certainly no vision.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here