Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
PFC forum reports a confrontation between a Great Fan and Richie Barker following last night's game.

Word is that a Great Fan enquired of Barker what he felt about the result (I'm pretty sure it would have gone something like "I say, excuse me, Mr Barker, would you mind awfully answering a few questions that are currently tickling me regarding our predicament?").

Barker then tells him to **** off, to be met with further questions/abuse* and protests that the club are going down.

Barker: "Well, you've been relegated before".

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Cue much fury on the Pompey forums and threats to "put him in the ****ing stand". The Bear just went up massively in my estimation.

*delete as applicable

What an absolutely GREAT FAN, that great fan is, taking it upon himself to set the manager straight, and letting him know that losing away to the top side is UNNACCEPTABLE.

The Bear :bowdown:

#twats

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I think the chief scout should be appointed interim manager until the end of the season if Barker has to go. Another 12 game on the bounce losing streak for him will get the job well and truly done as one of the games they will lose will be to Northampton :) #bellend #twats

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
latest news, it seems the Conservative party are considering moving their yearly meeting to Fratton Park next year as David Cameron overheard someone saying Portsmouth FC have excellent facilities for the Conference next season

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What an absolutely GREAT FAN, that great fan is, taking it upon himself to set the manager straight, and letting him know that losing away to the top side is UNNACCEPTABLE.

The Bear :bowdown:

#twats

I couldn't agree more. I mean, it's a bloody disgrace. If we don't beat Leicester by at least four goals next month I shall be STRAIGHT round to Oscar's place, demanding to know the reasons for this abject failure. And I'm only an Average Fan of a club with No History. That sort of result must be even harder to swallow for Great Fans of an FA Cup winning, European-competing side like Pompey.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Just for a chuckle, I've been glancing at some 2013/14 season previews for League Two.

Danny Blakeley
01 August 2013 8:05am
Pompey will win it outright, with season ticket sales at almost 11,000, Sat's game with Oxford almost sold out, FP will be the most intimidating ground for teams to visit coupled with the the likes of Connelly & Agyemang up top they will fire us to the title ! PUP

Can I borrow your time machine Edna? It appears you have seen the preview for 2014/15 for the conference

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I couldn't agree more. I mean, it's a bloody disgrace. If we don't beat Leicester by at least four goals next month I shall be STRAIGHT round to Oscar's place, demanding to know the reasons for this abject failure. And I'm only an Average Fan of a club with No History. That sort of result must be even harder to swallow for Great Fans of an FA Cup winning, European-competing side like Pompey.

You forgot that they won the league before football was even invented, thats how super they are

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
latest news, it seems the Conservative party are considering moving their yearly meeting to Fratton Park next year as David Cameron overheard someone saying Portsmouth FC have excellent facilities for the Conference next season

That would be marvellous. With horrible Luton getting their football league status back, the Conference needs a team who think they're above themselves to have to slum it at places like Alfreton, Braintree and Welling.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can I borrow your time machine Edna? It appears you have seen the preview for 2014/15 for the conference

I have no time machine, unfortunately! I just have excellent future-predicting Skrills. Ooops. I mean skills.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
hang on, does winning the FA Trophy get a place in some sort of non league champions league?? Maybe thats the master plan. Then they can play against the other great non league footballing giants in Europe like, um, err, hang on, ah, Buckie Thistle and Inverurie Loco Works :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I fear the inevitable.

Conscious Uncoupling

It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate.

We have been working hard for almost three months now, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will separate.

We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been.

We are Great Fans first and foremost, and guardians to thousands of the Best Fans In The World, and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time.

We have always conducted our relationship privately, and we hope that as we consciously uncouple and co-football, we will be able to continue in the same manner.

Love, Pompey & Richie xx

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Pompey, one place above the relegation zone.

I will do all in my power to make sure that Portsmouth Football Club and the GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD end the season safe...

safe in the knowledge that they can always try to get promotion back into the league next season.

#TWATS

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Talk Sport have 'supposedly' announced Barker has been sacked and...wait for it......Steve Claridge has been put in temporary charge.

PLEASE don't let this be true. :down:

Quote from poster on Portsmouth News site: Talk sport just announced on air ... They hear Barker sacked and that Steve claridge to be put in temp charge .... And that they will get confirmation asap

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Talk Sport have 'supposedly' announced Barker has been sacked and...wait for it......Steve Claridge has been put in temporary charge.

PLEASE don't let this be true. :down:

Oooh, I don't know.

Claridge could be quite the comedy manager. Just what they need to nudge them gently on their way to Salisbury, Eastleigh, North Ferriby, Forest Green, Bath City and other teams whose names fit rather pleasingly into an acapella version of Que Sera Sera.

#TWATS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here