Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh My God

They are Shorts!

Awful.

He always wears shorts. It is a sign of Greatness that his Magnificent Support and undisputed passion overrides even the most frigid of temperatures.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What about this? Can anybody think of another short word that might be photoshopped on to the Great Fans here instead of "OURS"?

#TWATS

agupyty2.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What about this? Can anybody think of another short word that might be photoshopped on to the Great Fans here instead of "OURS"?

#TWATS

agupyty2.jpg

BUST

CONF

or quite a few swear words....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm all in favour of a great fans smiley.

I don't see that it can be used IN PLACE of written descriptions of their greatness though. That suggestion seems all wrong.

Show some RESPECT, people.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'll get the ball rolling

Attachments

• John-Portsmouth-Football-Club-Westwood.jpg
    John-Portsmouth-Football-Club-Westwood.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 891

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Oooh, subtle :thumbsup:

Took me a minute or so but I'm there now :)

#TWATS

Well, they are such great fans and suitably known throughout the universe and beyond as "TGFITW[SUP]TMATS[/SUP]" that you just cannot go all out with this sort of thing.

Just imagine the devastation that would occur if just ONE great fan would implode with rage. Not even the Doctor would be able to plug all the black holes that would appear in all of space and time.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Its refreshing to see the new "fans owned" PFC are prepared to cut their cloth accordingly after the reckless fast and loose spending of the previous regimes. From todays Portsmouth News:

by Neil Allen
neil.allen@thenews.co.uk
Published on the
28 March
07:30
14 comments
Print this

Iain McInnes has insisted the attempt to reunite Jamie O’Hara with Pompey was no ‘gimmick’.

The Blues yesterday held talks with the former Fratton favourite to bring him back from Wolves on loan until the season’s end.

O’Hara was a big favourite among fans during the 2009-10 campaign while on loan from Spurs, sweeping the board in the player-of-the-year stakes.

Yet he has long been out of favour at current club Wolves and now features only for their under-21 side as an overage player.

Pompey were prepared to push the boat out and increase their finances to capture the 27-year-old midfielder.

But the move failed to come to fruition and instead Danny Hollands was the sole new arrival on emergency loan window deadline day.

The Pompey chairman said: ‘We decided on Wednesday night that one of the things we wanted to do was try to get really impressive signings that could give the crowd something to get excited about and the best possible opportunity to stay in this division. ( :facepalm: )

‘Jamie O’Hara was on the list.

‘We got permission to talk to him yesterday and we were serious about it.

‘The club also had someone who was prepared to fund his wages outside of the budget – one of the high-net-worth people that continue to support this football club.

‘Unfortunately, it didn’t happen, which is a real shame.

‘Perhaps it was just a little bit too late. I’m not too sure of the exact details why it didn’t happen for us.

‘But it was not a gimmick, I can assure you.’

O’Hara scored three goals in 29 appearances and also started for Avram Grant’s team in the 2010 FA Cup final.

He also netted in the 4-1 demolition of Southampton at St Mary’s on the way to the final against Chelsea.

But his career has stalled following a £3.5m move to Molineux in the summer of 2011, and Wolves are desperate to ship him out.

Meanwhile, Hollands had filled the loan boots of midfielder Toumani Diagouraga, who returned to parent club Brentford on Wednesday.

The 28-year-old made 219 appearances and scored 28 goals during a five-year stay at Bournemouth.

He has been at Charlton since 2011, but has featured just once for the Addicks this season.

However, he spent the first half of the season on loan at Gillingham, featuring 18 times in League One.

There was also another arrival at Pompey, with the return of Ryan Bird following a two-month loan spell at Cambridge United. The striker netted nine times for the U’s.

The BEST fans in the whole wide World DESERVE.....Let me reiterate that: DESERVE the very best signings that SOMEBODY ELSES money can buy. Ronaldo, Messi and Bale are in talks as I type.......

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I missed this. Hopefully its not fixturised old news? Whatever, you couldn't make it up. From the top to the bottom they are totally deluded - As if we weren't already aware? Colin may be an idiot at times but he isn't that stupid. Maybe they will sound out Pep Guardiola tomorrow?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/p...5965714?WT.mc_id=Outbrain_text&obref=obinsite

Love that they pretend, that after 'considering Warnock', they 'decided to look elsewhere'.

#deludedtwats

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Love that they pretend, that after 'considering Warnock', they 'decided to look elsewhere'.

#deludedtwats

I considered going out with Brad Pitt a while back, you know. After giving it some thought, I decided to look elsewhere.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
The Pompey chairman said:

‘Jamie O’Hara was on the list.

‘Unfortunately, it didn’t happen, which is a real shame.
, s
‘Perhaps it was just a little bit too late. I’m not too sure of the exact details why it didn’t happen for us.

Ah, I can help you there Mr Pompey chairman. It didn't happen because O'Hara would rather count his money while making no effort in Wolves development side than return to your hideous shitty town and your embarrassing joke of a football club. I do hope this helps clear things up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here