Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will people bother going to the home tie next week?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
you misunderstood my post.

It would be nice to stand a chance.
But we don't
So attending a last 16 Europa league game with 0 expectations might be more enjoyable than a nerve-wracking exit.
This. Celebrate the cup run and put it to bed. Good long break for many of the players then before we go again

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We play in the FA Cup every season...... European football might be a rare or at best occasional treat, and we had at least as good a chance in the EL as the FA Cup. 100% right to concentrate on it imo.
....and we have never won a domestic trophy. We have the best squad in our history. Now is our chance. Beat Wolves...we had a ticket for the semis. We had no chance of winning the Europa League or even progressing deep into it. There are battle hardened teams in the EL. We are rookies. Earn your spurs at home first. Win something. Make a real name for yourself. Not flutter briefly with Europe never to be seen again. Build up your kudos at home. We have fallen between two stools this season and are wasting domestic opportunities.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
....and we have never won a domestic trophy. We have the best squad in our history. Now is our chance. Beat Wolves...we had a ticket for the semis. We had no chance of winning the Europa League or even progressing deep into it. There are battle hardened teams in the EL. We are rookies. Earn your spurs at home first. Win something. Make a real name for yourself. Not flutter briefly with Europe never to be seen again. Build up your kudos at home. We have fallen between two stools this season and are wasting domestic opportunities.
I agree with you to a point BUT to be fair RDZ put out a strong team v Wolves and we should have at least taken Chelsea to extra time. We have had zero luck with cup draws this season. Domestically we were drawn away every single time, compare to Chelsea who have been drawn at home every single f***ing time in both cups this season, it’s just luck. Then in the EL we have the toughest group possible and then we get IMO the toughest possible draw in the R16. It’s just luck but we’ve had none, compare to Liverpool who hardly need help but have received as close to a bye in the group and R16 as you can get. It doesn’t excuse the defensive shambles of the last 2 matches but it hasn’t helped.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No I didn't see tonight's game, as my mum is in hospital again and I've worn a deep groove on the M23 & M25 between Brighton and NW London in the last week. But from reports it sounds like you had chances, like on Saturday which I did see. Perhaps de Zerbi is as tactically blinkered / inept as some of you think, but I'm a bit surprised that there is such a defeatist attitude for your first European campaign. If de Zerbi can't be convinced, you can still communicate your passion directly to the players on the night.
I've also been going up the M23 to hospital once or twice a week for too long to remember.
I'm not saying that RDZ is tactically inept or blinkered, but results have taken a downturn in the last 3 or so months. It's mainly down to injuries but, as stated elsewhere, it's difficult to not make the comparison between our defensive set-up and that of our opponents and notice how open we are or can be.
You're right about last night: we had our chances, and I think Michael Owen was right to say that a fair summation of the result would have been 3-1 (I think their third was offside). You're also right that our EL campaign has been joyous and exceeded what our expectations could have been, and there's a fair bit of catastrophising.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
City aren't in the EL, so we had a better chance of winning that

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
You have to go next week. Whatever nonsense I come up with on here I still support the team through thick and mid table.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just for the potential scenario that we could be 4-4 on the 78th minute and the family behind me who leave on 79 every week will have the best inter family argument ever seen

IN

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Could be our last European game EVER! why wouldn’t you go?

Was hoping for at least another 3 home games

IMG_3722.jpeg

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Even at 4-0 last night they STILL had a cheating twat feign a head injury. So question - if the tie has 100% gone after 85 mins then where would people's principles be to 'someone like' Dunk absolutley twating one of their more dramatic players? Proper row Z job. Any ban would be Europe only so hardly a problem long term!
Persoanlly I'd be fine with it.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here