Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will our boy get a start tonight?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought that the whole squad [bar the starting XI] were on the bench ready to come on [if Gaffer asks]?
Did I misread this somewhere?

Only a maximum of 12 subs are named for each match, so if a squad has the full compliment of 26 players then 3 are left out of the match day squad. For England's first game it was Maguire, Chilwell and Sancho for the second game it was White, Walker and Saka that missed out.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Shambles of a selection. Saka over Sancho? Maguire fair enough needs minutes, but the two holding midfield players again. Neither wants to get forward are we really that frightened of the Czechs? Grealish finally brought in but not in his perferred AML position because of Saka there's no thought to any of this unless of course Southgate wants Grealish to fail? What happens if Grealish and Saka do well when Mount/Foden are available? How many left footers can we shoe horn in? Sancho is probably one of the brightest youngsters in europe but can't get a game.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m pretty sure Spain played two holding midfielders through their best years but they had so muoh more to express themselves.

If the ball players can do it for you in high profile games then that’s fine.

Against Andorra though Gareth ?………………………… we’ll see.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Either
a) he is the golden boy so no need to use him
b) Southgate is scared that he might do something to make us win
c) he has told Southgate to do one after taking him off in last game
d) he has now found/been found by a Czech lady who is more interesting than football

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I`ve said it many times , players like Dunk White and Webster are so far ahead skill wise than Southgate ever was that it`s frightening , and they play in Blue and White stripes and the buck toothed loser wont pick a Brighton & Hove Albion player if he can get away with it .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One of the Czech team can't play tonight because suspended by UEFA for racism - according to ITV just now. Anyone else heard of this before? News to me.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Shambles of a selection. Saka over Sancho? Maguire fair enough needs minutes, but the two holding midfield players again. Neither wants to get forward are we really that frightened of the Czechs? Grealish finally brought in but not in his perferred AML position because of Saka there's no thought to any of this unless of course Southgate wants Grealish to fail? What happens if Grealish and Saka do well when Mount/Foden are available? How many left footers can we shoe horn in? Sancho is probably one of the brightest youngsters in europe but can't get a game.

As Ian Wright was saying though we need to learn to play a certain way to have a chance of beating the likes of Belgium, Italy or Spain. Six at the back so we don't concede (in theory) and the chance of scoring from counter attacks and set pieces.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here