Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Moises Caicedo be a Brighton player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

Will Moises Caicedo be a Brighton player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

• Absolutely, certainly, definitely YES

Votes: 409 82.8%
  • NO 😭

Votes: 85 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Less. Debut (ironically) at Arsenal. He has actually only been in team for 8 games last season and 18 this. TBH, the madness is placing a ridiculous value on a player with this amount of experience.
I was reading that Anthony Gordon at Everton, who the BBC describe as a forward, has scored 7 goals in around two hundred games. That’s around six and half million pounds per goal that the Sportswashers are about to pay for him! Football money has been obscene for a long time, it seems it is getting to even more ridiculous levels every day.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The worrying thing is that our improvement has precisely coincided with his inclusion in the team.
That is no coincidence.

He goes and that is the end of our season.

God I hate this league.

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
I've waited sixty years to watch a Brighton team play at the stratospheric level of recent games. It is heart breaking to see the greed of agents, young players and entitled clubs threaten to tear it apart. Surely Caicedo can see how close he is to achieving something special with the Albion. The knock on effect on other players can only be imagined. And why would RDZ want to stay?
Now is the time for TB to play the hand of his life.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I've waited sixty years to watch a Brighton team play at the stratospheric level of recent games. It is heart breaking to see the greed of agents, young players and entitled clubs threaten to tear it apart. Surely Caicedo can see how close he is to achieving something special with the Albion. The knock on effect on other players can only be imagined. And why would RDZ want to stay?
Now is the time for TB to play the hand of his life.
Let's be real

For caciedo, something special, is winning the league and the champions League not finishing 5th and qualifying for the Europa League!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let's be real

For caciedo, something special, is winning the league and the champions League not finishing 5th and qualifying for the Europa League!!
Let's be real, a calendar year ago he'd just got back from Beerschot stinking out the Jupiler League. It then took Potter nearly three months to give him a regular start.

The lad is on "something special" compared to the whole rest of his life. A shame he can't show the humility to go with it (though I expect his agent may well have taken control of social media last night - Moises still seems a quiet and religious sort).

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
Let's be real

Even as a young boy from South America he will realise what a huge achievement this would be for Brighton. I'd like to think he has something of the football romantic in him, but I'm probably being naive. He has the rest of his career to win the major trophies; realistically we are only asking for four months.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He needs a head wobble if it wasn't his agent posting last night.

Agents need shooting. Then banning From the game completely.

THe club have done so much for him, to shit on us from a great height mid season is unforgivable.

Jan window need eliminating really, the competition is a season, assemble a squad and play it In its entirety, then tinker.

It seems now clubs are just using dirty money to buy their way up the table, not only by improving their own team/squad, but by shredding everyone elses. THat's not football and its not sport. Wood to Saudi last seasonis a good example. London clubs see us as a threat now so are doing their best to eliminate it off pitch.

A quote from Gordon Cruickshank who's written a book called 'driven to crime' about motorsport . . . In the intro is a quote from George Orwell. 'Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in violence.

That applies to the PL pretty well.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I expect a verbal statement from the club today or tomorrow. Probably from Paul Barber, we won’t send out our manager to communicate this in the same cowardly way a Big Six does.

In essence, Paul will summarise the values of the club and Chairman, he’ll then lament the power of agents and the fact that FFP is not ‘levelling up’ the playing field at all. Finally, he’ll declare that Moises is not for sale in this window and that Tony Bloom does not care what offer he now receives, because it’s gone beyond that.

The betting for Caicedo to stay at Brighton has gone from 11/2 last night to 7/2 and will continue to drop.

F40EF5C2-65B5-43FB-B348-3D92CA9F9BA3.jpeg

Like the public sacking of Gus Poyet on Match of the Day, the football world is just about to find out that you don’t cross Tony. Caicedo goes on our terms, not the terms of some ****ing Big Six trying to low ball us or two scummy Spanish agents who have two decent players out of half a dozen mostly league 2 players.

We won’t be selling players to Arsenal anymore for a long, long time.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
If he refuses to train/play, I would hope the club acts accordingly - fine him and take him out of the first-team squad. Definitely do not sell him until the summer whatever the offer. He can sit on his sofa for six months for all I care. He's 21 years old FFS - why does he need to force a move now?

Yes, I understand about protecting the value of your assets but the club has to react.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I expect a verbal statement from the club today or tomorrow. Probably from Paul Barber, we won’t send out our manager to communicate this in the same cowardly way a Big Six does.

In essence, Paul will summarise the values of the club and Chairman, he’ll then lament the power of agents and the fact that FFP is not ‘levelling up’ the playing field at all. Finally, he’ll declare that Moises is not for sale in this window and that Tony Bloom does not care what offer he now receives, because it’s gone beyond that.

The betting for Caicedo to stay at Brighton has gone from 11/2 last night to 7/2 and will continue to drop.

View attachment 156290

Like the public sacking of Gus Poyet on Match of the Day, the football world is just about to find out that you don’t cross Tony. Caicedo goes on our terms, not the terms of some ****ing Big Six trying to low ball us or two scummy Spanish agents who have two decent players out of half a dozen mostly league 2 players.

2/1 now to stay

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
This has an air of inevitability about it now.

I was sure he would stay until the summer but I think he'll go to Arsenal now.

Massive fee and I look forward to us reinvesting the funds in new players ahem

Gringer Seagull

Nov 3, 2019

View attachment 156290

1000%. God I’d love it if this is how it plays out today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here