Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Moises Caicedo be a Brighton player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

Will Moises Caicedo be a Brighton player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

• Absolutely, certainly, definitely YES

Votes: 409 82.8%
  • NO 😭

Votes: 85 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Tony will sell in the summer for sure. He may sell in the next few days but only if a few of boxes have been ticked:

* Valuation met now. Will need to be at least £100m, as we will get at least £80m in the summer when more clubs are in the market. Plus a premium for screwing up our European football chances and consequent attraction to new targets.
* Replacement already determined OR
* Part exchange with someone we actually want (Colwill?)

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
even if Caicedo's agents push him to hand in a transfer request, I can’t see us allowing a move until the summer.

meanwhile, what’s he going to do? mope around? play like crap? can’t see him doing that. hype dies, clubs will lose interest quickly. and it would be unlike him.

we have to draw the line at some point because this is getting silly. we have to send a message. we have our own ambitions.

i actually think the best fit for him in the summer will be Liverpool or Utd, maybe even City or Real…
If he submits a formal transfer request he’s going to lose all those bonuses amounting to £150 a week - according to sources/ITK/wankpuffins/shitstirrers/and Fab/Jacobs/daily FAIL. The BEST fit for Caicedo right now is Brighton & Hove Albion. When we make Europe, BHA is still the best fit.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Yes he will be.

Sadly during the summer I think it's highly likely that Caicedo and Big Mac will probably move on if the club get offers we just can't turn down.

At least knowing this in advance, we can plan now for our own strengthening and replacements required in the summer to replace them. For me if we were to get approximately £150m for the two of them combined, I'd like to think Tony could recoup half of that total to pay him back for all his propping up of the club over the last few years. Then the other half could be used to strengthen the squad.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Chelsea and Liverpool need to rebuild their midfield.
He would either start or improve the squad of all the other big teams.

Demand is not going to go away.

He can hand a transfer request in if he likes, but unless a deal worth up to £100m is on the table, he won't go anywhere.
Zaha was pissed off with Palace refusing offers, but it didn't stop him from performing,
Moises has a much better temperament than Zaha.

Not bothered about this, because the club will handle it professionally.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
He’s happy here, the club have made it clear that they want him to stay out the rest of the season, he can be a big part of the clubs most ambitious PL campaign ever where he will have regular gametime and increase his stock, his chant is easily the best one, he gets to stay with the sizable ecuadorian contingent, he thinks the London teams bidding are trashy and shit and would only consider going if Ten Hag picks up the phone.

A couple of those I might have made up, but otherwise its a no brainer from me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
yep - always a possibility although he's made reasonably positive noises thus far
It really isn't a possibility.

Stay for 18 games - carry on doing what you're doing and attract every club in football.
Down tools for 18 games - turn off a few clubs and lower your value with the rest.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Somewhere in all this I think a line has been drawn in the sand. Maybe it is this, or similar, ‘MC ain’t leaving this window unless £100 million is forthcoming’. As a gambler of not a little substance, TB will know that he cannot afford to be seen to step back from that.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Posted this in the other Caicedo thread but probably makes more sense here.

“Unless both his legs fall off west still get £75m+ Caicedo in the summer.

Caicedo could be the difference between finishing 5th and/or winning The FA Cup and finishing 9th with nothing to show for it. So take that £75 and add on the extra prize money we’d miss out on. Now calculate how much extra pull European football gives us (Nunez to Benfica for example) Now add on the fact the transfer window is almost closed and every team would up their prices because they know we’re desperate.

Now remember we’ve got one of the best gamblers in the world as chairman, a man who has refused to sell key players in January ever since Norwich wanted Elliott Bennett.

Now think logically how much that January fee would have to be. Nobody is paying that. He’s ours until the summer, fact.”

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Posted this in the other Caicedo thread but probably makes more sense here.

“Unless both his legs fall off west still get £75m+ Caicedo in the summer.

Caicedo could be the difference between finishing 5th and/or winning The FA Cup and finishing 9th with nothing to show for it. So take that £75 and add on the extra prize money we’d miss out on. Now calculate how much extra pull European football gives us (Nunez to Benfica for example) Now add on the fact the transfer window is almost closed and every team would up their prices because they know we’re desperate.

Now remember we’ve got one of the best gamblers in the world as chairman, a man who has refused to sell key players in January ever since Norwich wanted Elliott Bennett.

Now think logically how much that January fee would have to be. Nobody is paying that. He’s ours until the summer, fact.”
Dude you just cut both his legs off

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For a minute there you must of thought I'd banged my head or something... :lol:
When you, my learned friend, writes "must of" I fully suspect something has happened to your head.

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
Money talks. They will keep upping it by £5m until an agreement has been made. Hopefully we'll get a lot more than £60m for him

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Money talks. They will keep upping it by £5m until an agreement has been made. Hopefully we'll get a lot more than £60m for him
My guess is that they've negotiated with Brighton enough to know that if they get a bid turned down with no further negotiations, they have to come around with some siginificantly better.

Most transfer bids are made on WhatsApp nowadays. Must be proper silly to do

"£60m?"
"no"
"£65m..?"

I would just block the motherfucker trying to do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here