Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will Lewis Hamilton walk away from F1?

Will Lewis Hamilton walk away from F1

• Total voters

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No expert on F1 but I'm guessing he is trying to make a point but will be wanting to be the only driver with... x number of titles. He is tied with Schumacher right?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I hope not, I came back to F1 last year for the first time in over a decade and enjoyed the season thoroughly until that ending. He has every right to bin it off at this point, if he does I'll probably not come back either with the way it ended. I want him to come back to try and beat the other drivers and the race judges behind the scenes whether Masi returns or not.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Well this would hint he is staying...

[tweet]1489612773734629378[/tweet]

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Think and hope he'll stay. He's good for the sport and nice to see a Brit dominate something in the world of sport.

To be the best at anything, you have to have an ego, drive, passion and so on, yet people slag him off for those very qualities which make him the phenomenal driver that he is. :shrug:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Think and hope he'll stay. He's good for the sport and nice to see a Brit dominate something in the world of sport.

To be the best at anything, you have to have an ego, drive, passion and so on, yet people slag him off for those very qualities which make him the phenomenal driver that he is. :shrug:

I said this on the Aaron Connolly thread. Do people think Federer doesn't have an ego? Or Messi? Or Fury? Or Woods? Or Verstappen? Of course they do. All top, top sportspeople have an unbelievable sense of self-belief but some people (Messi or Federer, for example) don't get any flack and others (Ronaldo and Hamilton) do.

To be the best, I genuinely think they have to believe they're the best. Anyone who gets to the top of their field deserves respect. You may not like the person but, let's be honest, none of us actually know the person either.

On whether he'll come back, I voted no. Mainly because I genuinely think that the WDC was fixed and if the integrity of the sport can be so obviously manipulated, then what's the point?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Hadn't really followed much F1 for years and have always considered Hamilton a bit of a Neymar. Then I watched that Abu Dhabi race.

What a gripping and shocking bit of sporting history that was. I was off my seat during that final lap. Hamilton was robbed but the dignity in which he conducted himself post-race, the way he congratulated Verstappen and even used his trackside interview to highlight the battle against Covid and the need to get jabbed really impressed me.

I find myself really looking forward to the new season and really hoping Lewis drives on.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
In its current shambolic state F1/FiA doesn't deserve half the drivers it has.

For that reason I hope Lewis walks, But I think he will drive . . .he's still the best out there, with a legitimate score to settle.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Love F1 and there’s no chance LH won’t return. He will be like an angry wasp and will want to set the record straight! If I was Max I would be worried!

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Fantastic driver who i find hard to like, but I think he likes the attention so will return. Not that Verstappen is exactly making lots of friends with a lot of fans!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
He’s made tens of millions from a sport he is clearly extremely good at . He lives in luxury in Monaco , not sure I’m bothered whether he stays or goes , he’s already won everything and has nothing to prove .

The only thing could work on is his dress sense , he looks a complete chav in his crappy loud designer tracksuits . Embarrassing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The only thing could work on is his dress sense , he looks a complete chav in his crappy loud designer tracksuits . Embarrassing.

Are you sounding like your father by any chance? :lolol:

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Trying to understand the posters who don’t like/don’t watch F1 getting involved here but I admire any Englishman who has for a decade proved himself to be the best of the best. What happened in that final race was an absolute disgrace pure and simple. I do feel that George will be a MUCH bigger threat than Valtari EVER was, I’m gutted he didn’t get that 8th last year, he deserved it!

Max knows he got very lucky, he must feel deep down he didn’t win it fair and square.

Moving on, I’d love to see Lewis win it, retire and then George SMASH Max for YEARS!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trying to understand the posters who don’t like/don’t watch F1 getting involved here but I admire any Englishman who has for a decade proved himself to be the best of the best. What happened in that final race was an absolute disgrace pure and simple. I do feel that George will be a MUCH bigger threat than Valtari EVER was, I’m gutted he didn’t get that 8th last year, he deserved it!

Max knows he got very lucky, he must feel deep down he didn’t win it fair and square.

Moving on, I’d love to see Lewis win it, retire and then George SMASH Max for YEARS!

I find George Russell really irritating with a very punchable face :shrug:

Norris all the way for me once Lewis quits

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I think he’s in two minds on this one, still really upset with the last race, as are Mercedes, and waiting to see what happens following the long winded review. If Masi stays and the report is a whitewash it may tip him over the edge.
Another unknown is with the new cars, if the Mercedes is uncompetitive, unlikely - but it’s the most radical shakeup in recent years and the teams are all worried how they will perform - he will be tempted to go. On the other hand if Redbull have produced a dog as they put all their efforts into last seasons car he would most definitely stay!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I said this on the Aaron Connolly thread. Do people think Federer doesn't have an ego? Or Messi? Or Fury? Or Woods? Or Verstappen? Of course they do. All top, top sportspeople have an unbelievable sense of self-belief but some people (Messi or Federer, for example) don't get any flack and others (Ronaldo and Hamilton) do.

To be the best, I genuinely think they have to believe they're the best. Anyone who gets to the top of their field deserves respect. You may not like the person but, let's be honest, none of us actually know the person either.

On whether he'll come back, I voted no. Mainly because I genuinely think that the WDC was fixed and if the integrity of the sport can be so obviously manipulated, then what's the point?

Yep, totally agree re-the top sportsmen (and women).

Think he'll come back to 'prove' he's the best tho.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've said no but that's more my desperate hope than any firm thoughts.

I can see in my mind's eye you taking a small onion from the pocket of your smoking jacket as I type :wink:

I rather like the lad so I hope he doesn't decide to spend more time with his money.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In its current shambolic state F1/FiA doesn't deserve half the drivers it has.

For that reason I hope Lewis walks, But I think he will drive . . .he's still the best out there, with a legitimate score to settle.

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here