Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will it be a new record attendance at the Amex against Watford?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So far this season, attendances seem to be massively down on pre COVID levels which is understandable. Burnley only had 16,000 there on Saturday so 5,000 below capacity and there has been a big reduction on usual attendances in the football league.

"Massively down", "big reduction".... are you comparing August 2019 to August 2021?

And "5000 below capacity", but how far below typical/expected crowd? Few clubs would expect to sell-out their first match of the season.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
"Massively down", "big reduction".... are you comparing August 2019 to August 2021?

And "5000 below capacity", but how far below typical/expected crowd? Few clubs would expect to sell-out their first match of the season.

Burnley got attendances of 19,784 and 21,762 in August 2019.

The average first day Championship attendances were down by about 2,000 on August 2019. I noticed Derby had a particularly small crowd compared to usual although there are of course other reasons for that.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Burnley got attendances of 19,784 and 21,762 in August 2019.

Hmm... I suppose 15% down is significant. Going to be financial issues as much as health fears for some fans though, I'm sure.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Just 1,179 tickets (excluding 1901) still available.

If the capacity has increased from 30,750 to 31,800 and we have 1200 tickets to sell out then i would imagine the tickets sold will be a new record if we shift 300 odd more tickets. Of course its not that simple as the club will release unwanted 'freebie' tickets as & when they become available.
I would imagine the tickets sold will be about 30k but people in attendance may be as low as 25k.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Also depends on Watford and if they manage to sell through their ticket allocation.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Rather than a record attendance, based on actual people in the ground could it be our lowest for the first home game of a PL season.

Probably the equivalent game would be the home match v Southampton on Aug 24 2019 - 30,019 tickets sold. (august games v Man Utd, Man City aren't same as Watford i guess)
My guess is given the capacity is up to 31,800, remaining tickets on sale are under 1000, it could be close to 31K sold. But of course Covid restrictions will have an impact.
As for "people in the ground". well who knows. The most noisy voices on NSC are always those that can't go, won't go, think nobody else will either !!

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
ACTUAL attendance, no. No chance.

People away on holiday. People who are not yet ready to sit in a large crowd. People who are struggling to find a way to get there / park / avoid the public transport.

There will be plenty of empty seats.

- People who are isolating

And of course the main one:

- people who can’t go who would usually just give their ticket to a mate but can’t due to silly club rules nobody else has and can’t because they don’t wanna pay £45 extra between them and a mate to use an already bought ticket.

Some will be shocked at the amount of empty seats this season due to the last point I predict.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Mrs Earle and I have S/Ts and a Parking Ticket for Watford, but are still thrashing around whether we are comfortable in a large crowd.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Folks still on their holibobs will ensure a terrific pretendance, still I'm sure the clapping seals on speed will be out for SbtS (I hope the words are on the new screens).

Heard they are getting rid of it and replacing it with a Beyoncé track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Mrs Earle and I have S/Ts and a Parking Ticket for Watford, but are still thrashing around whether we are comfortable in a large crowd.

Get there early, leave late. You only are only then exposing yourselves to those immediately around you in the seats which is low risk I'd say.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
And of course the main one:

- people who can’t go who would usually just give their ticket to a mate but can’t due to silly club rules nobody else has and can’t because they don’t wanna pay £45 extra between them and a mate to use an already bought ticket.

Some will be shocked at the amount of empty seats this season due to the last point I predict.

And how exactly do you plan to show why fans aren't present?! Gonna go around surveying empty seats?! :lolol:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
No. Lots of people on holiday and also many will still want to avoid big crowds.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
In the vicinity of my seat I see the same faces every match, is that unusual or is the amount of ticket sharing being overstated?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
According to the Mods and Amex marketing department it’s going to be packed. 50,000.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

We went to Burnley on Saturday and felt very comfortable in the ground. Less so when ordering beers in the cricket club beforehand. I think the same applies on Saturday where pre and post match will be the issue for those of us still worried. Arrive early/leave late and the risk will be minimized.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here