Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will.I.Am - Godlike Genius Of His Generation? Discuss.

The term "god like musical genius" has been used to describe people like Dylan, Hendrix, Michael Jackson and Dave Grohl ..........

Yes, yes, no (Prince has more talent in one of his toenail clippings), no. To the "G.L.M.G" category I would add Nick Lowe, Roy Wood, Wilko Johnson, Ray Davies, Ian Dury, , Burt Bacharach, Les Paul, Louis Jordan, T-Bone Walker, John Barry, Delia Darbyshire, Steve Cropper, Isaac Hayes, Smokey Robinson.........perhaps I should start a separate thread.

Mr. I.Am, if he were a football team, would still be in one of the County Leagues.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sweet little chap but a bit wierd. Genius, nah.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You called me clueless about music. You quote Dave Grohl as a god like musical genius. Dave Grohl would be playing pubs if he hadn't been lucky enough to grab onto Cobain's shirt-tails

Now let me see (not that I'm biased at all) Grohl is a multi-instrumentalist with a good voice and Willy steals other people's music, twiddles a few knobs and by the use of someone else's electronics and camera trickery puts out catchy videos.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I don't know what's sadder, the people actually replying to what is clearly a wind up or the fact that THPP decided that he had nothing to do on a Sunday so may as well get his sexual thrills from starting a fishing thread on NSC.

Either way, I'm abandoning this thread.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I don't know what's sadder, the people actually replying to what is clearly a wind up or the fact that THPP decided that he had nothing to do on a Sunday so may as well get his sexual thrills from starting a fishing thread on NSC.

Either way, I'm abandoning this thread.

Do you know Tom?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here