Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Hoskins

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
It ties in with what he once told us when we met him. The German doctor tightened his hamstring/ligaments (can't remember exactly which - I'm not medically trained) too tight, and it caused many problems - hence his prolonged absence from the first team.

He credits Paul Watson with being the person to put him back on the road to recovery quicker than the time he was originally diagnosed to take to heal.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
A club doctor doing surgery sounds dodgy to me, is that normal practice?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
His performance against us for Bristol Rovers, when he really came to our attention, was nothing less than sensational. I’m convinced he could have made it to the top, but for his injuries.

Two players really stood out against us that season. Craig Noone away to Plymouth. We won 2-0 but he tormented us all game. The other was Hoskins at Bristol Rovers. Again we won, but he scored 2 very good & very different goals.

I was absolutely buzzing with both signings. It’s a shame Hoskins never really worked out, especially for such tragic reasons.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Two players really stood out against us that season. Craig Noone away to Plymouth. We won 2-0 but he tormented us all game. The other was Hoskins at Bristol Rovers. Again we won, but he scored 2 very good & very different goals.

I was absolutely buzzing with both signings. It’s a shame Hoskins never really worked out, especially for such tragic reasons.
We won 4-2 against Rovers, but all my son and I were talking about was Hoskins after the game. Like you I was delighted that we managed to bring him to the club.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Sounds shocking. Hoskins and Buckley are two examples of players who just didn't have the luck (and it seems the right medical treatment). Better luck with injuries and they'd have not looked out of place in our current Albion team. Two of my favourite Albion players. Gutted for both.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I sat next to that doctor at a sponsors dinner in the Poyet days. He was actually very nice, told stories of his time as a doctor for a tour de France winning cyclist and gave us tips on how to survive the London to Brighton which we were all doing a few weeks after.

He also removed my mates cataract in the bogs before the main course for 100 quid cash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here