Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hoskins

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's interesting that he still goes to Matt Miller for physio. I know he's started his own business since he left the club.
My favourite Hoskins goal is the one at Cardiff away. It was stunning.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We were playing three up front at the time as well.

It's great he's coming back and all but where is he going to play?
Where Lingaard will be playing Saturday, I'd imagine. Assuming that's 'in the hole'.
Could also see him (Hoskins) playing left wing.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Just a quick heads-up. I ran into him earlier this evening and managed to have a quick natter with him.

I'm sure much of this people already know, but...

He said he's fit again, raring to go. In fact, if anything, he said, he feels fitter than before. He originally did his cruciate, and was due to be out for a while, then the op wasn't as good as hoped, and was told '15 months' before he'd play again. Reading his Tweets at the time, that really floored him. However, he paid particular tribute to Paul Watson and Matt Miller who have physio'd (is that a proper verb?) him back to fitness a few months ahead of what his original diagnosis suggested. He can't thank them enough, he said.

He's training with the first-team again, and he's due to play an hour with the development squad in the next few days (he played 30 mins the other day - and scored). He feels really positive and is hoping for a return as soon as feels ready. He doesn't know when that will be but when I pushed him a bit on it, he hinted at getting back before the end of March, if not sooner.

Yes, I did ask him on to the Roar. Yes, he'd love to, but no, he doesn't have time.

Nice bloke.

Doesn't have the time? That's a very lame excuse for a footballer to make. Some of the players need to step up and take part.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The main reason we don't have current players on is because on Fridays and Saturdays, they're 'on duty'.

We could have had him on while he was properly broken, I suppose.
Or during an 'international' weekend.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'm reserving judgement till he has as least half a dozen games under his belt.
He should ease back into the game and not be back at full throttle just yet.
Nice to watch, flowing player when fit.
Subs bench material for a while.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'm fully expecting him to assume the Obika 'token five minutes' substitute role, then be transferred in the summer followed by 15 goals in League 1 next season.

That would be a rather anti-climactic end to his injury saga with us.
I would have thought that after all the support the club have given during his time here, that he'd be happy to play for peanuts next season to prove himself. Seems that sort of chap too.
Hope he stays and excels.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'm fully expecting him to assume the Obika 'token five minutes' substitute role, then be transferred in the summer followed by 15 goals in League 1 next season.

He will be bench for sure, but I think he will stay and be a squad regular......if we stay in this division..... which of course is the most likely scenario.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I would have thought that after all the support the club have given during his time here, that he'd be happy to play for peanuts next season to prove himself. Seems that sort of chap too.

I reckon this. Short(ish) new contract with renewal option. In the current financial climate, there'll unlikely be any clubs likely to risk a hefty wage on a player who's been injured for most of the last 2 seasons.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I was really surprised we renewed his contract but, hey, if he makes it back, and starts contributing to our first team then maybe the big investment and long wait will be worthwhile. Good luck Will.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Yeah, but they'll shift him on. Can't see the club persevering any longer with him.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It also hits home that when a player goes for surgery on an injury it CAN go wrong.

We're so used to hearing players having operations on injuries that we forget that it's PRETTY serious and has it's risks.

Delighted he's back sooner than imagined. He was adamant he was out for the whole season AT LEAST immediately after the operation.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You've done well to narrow it down to just the one from all those he's scored for us.

:lolol:

In fairness the little we have seen of him has been enough to show that he is a Championship-quality player IF he can get fit and stay fit.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I was really surprised we renewed his contract but, hey, if he makes it back, and starts contributing to our first team then maybe the big investment and long wait will be worthwhile. Good luck Will.

Shows what a decent club the Albion are to have done so when, for sure, other clubs may have hung him out to dry.

On the other hand, I believe that WH is a more than decent talent, and I agree with you that he might just repay the respect shown to him by BHAFC.

Also agree, very best of luck to Will !

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

I too hope he stays, can see him being a success for us with a run of games

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
And who is it that puts that beautiful ball through to Hoskins during that Newcastle game? Step forward Spanish Dave.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here