Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will El Galgo get a contract renewal?

Will El Galgo get a contract renewal

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We brought him in, IIRC, to replace, or provide competition for, Bruno.
Bruno kept getting his place back.
Next season (?) - or not much longer than that - we decided that wasn't good enough so got in Montoya.
Bruno still kept on getting his place back.
Bruno retired - neither The Greyhound or Montoya could hold the place down - sometimes neither of them could and we played Alzate out of position in preference.

Ergo, they're both OK, but neither is really quite good enough. Maybe Lamptey will be? Whichever way you look at it, we're allowed to have 25 players in our squad; we don't need three of them to be right backs. Sorry.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Great nickname. Check.
Iconic moment. (Boohoo Zaha) Check.
Looks like a rockstar. Check.
Runs about a lot. Check.

He‘s become a cult hero. I hope he stays.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Playing him on the weekend could have been about putting him in the shop window or seeing if he can still perform, he did ok as well.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The Greyhound seems a top bloke but if were ever going to improve in this league we need fat better full backs than him or Montoya. We are in exactly the same boat on the left side of defence too. None of the options good enough.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
At the weekend he was described on the radio as the PL player who looked most like a pirate.

Today is the deadline for short term contract extensions.

I assume he has singed one.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
I still think it'll go the way of Bong, they'll do a 1 year extension and that's it I think

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sadly, I think the fact that he

(a) has long hair thus stands out on the pitch
(b) is a Character
(c) has a certain attacking flair
(d) annoyed Zaha

have been allowed tocompletely mask the fact that he frequently looks absolute village when asked to defend.

Call me picky, but I do like my defenders to have a modicum of defensiveness about them. If we want to progress, then we will need technically proficient, good defenders to do it. Sadly I don't see Schelotto as being one of them.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
I don't think so. We don't need three right backs especially with Yapi potentially in the picture along with Lamptey and Montoya. Will free up a non-HG spot in the squad for a position we're less well balanced in.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good Lord I hope not.

Defensively awful.

Lamptey has surely put the final nail in the coffin tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think so. We don't need three right backs especially with Yapi potentially in the picture along with Lamptey and Montoya. Will free up a non-HG spot in the squad for a position we're less well balanced in.

Str....

Str....

S....

Striker? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here