Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Eddie be sacked...??

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
I think they'll stick with him given the current circumstances and he'll keep them up for this season, not that comfortably though. They will struggle big time next season though without investment on the right players.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
They only have two players out now I believe and anyway a premier league team of 5 years should have more strength in depth

They had 10 out at one stage

We would be seriously f**ked if that happened to us.

Ramsdale, Daniels, Kelly, Brooks all missed today so least 4 short.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Who would be willing to take that job on, and do any better?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread is useless. Fact.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Oligarch money being washed

If it is then it is the equivalent of putting £500m in your jeans pocket and putting it in the washing machine and washing it at 90 degrees because the money ''Put-in'' (you like the pun) ? has all but been lost on purchases of players and to bankroll a club that has very little ''self sufficient'' Revenue.

The Glazers at man United - They are more likely to have followed the line you suggest because they have actually taken out a lot more than they invested initially. I doubt the Owners at Bournemouth have take out a tenth of what they invested

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Howe wont go unless he resigns or jumps ship.

If results don't improve they will sack him alright. - They have never been this deep in relegation trouble this late on in the season before. Bournemouth Owners will do everything they can to stay in PL and they think Howe is taking them down, he will be gone

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Eddie Howe is a talented manager. If he had come here very few folk would have objected.

As for Bournemouth, it's funny how folk forget that we would not be where we are if it wasn't for a kind benefactor.

Why do they survive on 11,000 crowds ? It's called TV money.

I have no beef with Muff. I just want to finish above them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I strongly dislike Bournemouth. That is completely based on bitterness that they reached the Prem before we did. But I like Eddie and if someone's going to keep them up, it's him. However I think he should take a better job in the summer as I think he's reached the ceiling with them.

Eddie has tried taking a 'better' job before, at Burnley some years ago, and it didn't work out for him there. He has done well at Bournemouth largely because he has had a big budget to work with, he certainly didn't have that luxury at Burnley, and that would be the case at many other clubs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Eddie has tried taking a 'better' job before, at Burnley some years ago, and it didn't work out for him there. He has done well at Bournemouth largely because he has had a big budget to work with, he certainly didn't have that luxury at Burnley, and that would be the case at many other clubs.

I agree.

It was the same with Sir Alex. He won the PL 13 times, the FA cup 5 times and the European cup twice only because of all that ManU money. Fact.

:facepalm:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Schadenfraude in spades on this thread.
Bloody hell, there but for the grace of God, that could be us. We seriously blow hot and cold and have a hell of a problem putting the ball 'in the onion bag', as Warren calls it.
If we don't get the results against Bournemouth and Villa that we need, we could find ourselves in deep shit.
And, heaven forbid that we get an injury list like Eddie's, it doesn't bear thinking about!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Schadenfraude in spades on this thread.
Bloody hell, there but for the grace of God, that could be us. We seriously blow hot and cold and have a hell of a problem putting the ball 'in the onion bag', as Warren calls it.
If we don't get the results against Bournemouth and Villa that we need, we could find ourselves in deep shit.
And, heaven forbid that we had an injury list like Eddie's, it doesn't bear thinking about!

Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley, Newcastle, Palace and Sheffield Utd have scored less than us and have bigger 'problems putting the ball in the onion bag'.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He has led them from the bottom of the football league to the promised land.
Any fan saying he should go is an idiot.

It doesn’t work like that.
Every manager has a shelf life, whatever their past achievements.
Only a new manager bounce will save bournemouth now.
That said they are are welcome to keep hold of Ed, I’m confident he will take them down....and potentially keep us up.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think they'll keep him because of his history with them - he deserves a bit of leniency, mainly because of the past but also because they've got a whole team out injured at the moment. I do think he's been wasteful with the funds he has had available, and seems to fall out with players who then don't have a chance of getting back in. But even considering that, their injury list is a nightmare and a real mitigating factor for their slump down the table.

That being said, the goals they conceded to Watford were awful. Watford were camped just outside their penalty area for a goalkick, but they still played it short. :facepalm: Inevitably ending with conceding the crucial opening goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here