Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Dunk deliberately get a card at Fulham?

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
He deliberately kicked the ball away twice before he got booked, once was just 5 yards or so, the other he booted it but the ref had just turned around and hasn't seen him do it

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully by the time of a possible three game ban we will have beaten Wednesday Newcastle Huddersfield and Reading and be 10 points or more in front of 3rd place.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm intrigued by this one. With a 2 game ban inevitable, it's obviously in our best interest he gets carded at Fulham to miss just the one league game.

I don't expect him to do this early in the game, risking a red. But in the right circumstances, would he tactically 'buy' a card in the last few minutes?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Not a chance:lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Those concerned about the PNE game: let's not start thinking like we're suddenly horribly exposed.

Goldson was largely superb last season and, if it wasn't for his summer injury, would have started as a first choice centre back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Those concerned about the PNE game: let's not start thinking like we're suddenly horribly exposed.

Goldson was largely superb last season and, if it wasn't for his summer injury, would have started as a first choice centre back.

I would expect him to be dominant on the ground and Duffy take the aerial assault.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Exactly and he will be absolutely CHOMPING at the bit to play.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I may be in a minority but I think the tactic was wrong here.

As discussed on other threads, for me the key thing is to avoid the 15 yellow 3 game ban, which could be during the final run in. Dunk is now 1 yellow closer to that nightmare.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There was no easy answer other than a rather brainless statement of 'just keep avoiding a booking'. He will get booked and knowing our luck it would have been at Deepdale.

The 3 games after Preston (excluding the Cardiff game to be announced) are absolutely crucial in terms of points swings. Not having Dunk for any one of them, let alone two, would not have been good to say the least. As much as I rate CG he cannot be expected to come in without any games behind him and perform to the standard that we would expect in key games vs rivals/chasing pack. He had to come in for boro last time round if memory serves, and got a run of games due to us basically having no other option. It was not a smooth ride but he came good, we don't have the luxury of doing that this time if we want promotion.

As long as Dunk is as careful as he has been over the last month, then we will at least have him for all games up until we play Reading at the end of Feb, or at a stretch Leeds mid March before we need to start considering a 3 match ban. April's games, on the face of it, seem more forgiving and I would be much more confident in CG coming in for any of Blackburn, QPR, Birmingham, Wolves or Wigan.

That said, it could go against us but you have to consider that Dunky NOT getting himself booked was also a gamble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here