Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Di Canio walk before he is sacked?

westsussexmackem

Aug 1, 2011
...West Sussex.
Majority of our fans are still behind him (me included), obviously a few that want him to fail so they are the first to say ''I told you so''. Results have been bad so far in the league but desperately unlucky in 2 of them, PDC said we can judge him in October so let's see, some bloody hard games coming up though especially the home ones.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not looking good for the Black Cats, especially in light of Stoke getting a draw against Citeh.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
After a poor start to the season with Di Canio publicly pointing fingers at his players, getting smashed by Arsenal today, and sitting ugly at the foot of the table with 1pt from 12.

Will Di Canio storm out of the club or be fired?

And how long will it be for Sunderland be the first opportunity for our ex manager to be tested in the Premiership?

Managers don't resign unless they have a better job to go to. This is the answer to your question.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Managers don't resign unless they have a better job to go to. This is the answer to your question.

That is generally the way it goes but he did walk out of Swindon, and Keegan quit a few times without securing a better job, not forgetting Martin O'Neill.

I like Di Canio as a charactor by the way, but I also like to see managers get tested. Likewise I have a feeling that Sunderland could be the first managerial casualty this season and as far as I know Poyet is the only manager who would be available, and could walk straight in for an emergency position.

Looking forward to Gus getting another job so I can judge him on that rather than his time here.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here