Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Derby rest players?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I hope so. 4-0 may mean a draw v Boro is good enough.

Cue CH trying to hold on for 90 mins like the Burnley game last 20 mins.

Scratch that, just try to win both games.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With Derby guaranteed to play Hull I think they will rest players or at the very least rotate the starting XI
If Sheffield beat Cardiff, Derby losing to us could well have them finishing 6th and playing us again.

We'd like Cardiff to beat Sheffield, so Derby can rest players while Wednesday :lol: have to get a result in their final game, rather than rest players before we potentially play them.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If Birmingham beat Middlesbrough we could do with a good win so we can afford to lose 1-0 at Riverside at still go up.

This would only apply if Burnley lost one of their two matches too, and I can't really see that happening.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I am crapping my pants. Sorry!

Chill. There's a good chance we'll get to play Boro for promotion. At the VERY WORST, we're in the play-offs.

Would have taken that at the start of the season. And in January.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This would only apply if Burnley lost one of their two matches too, and I can't really see that happening.
No, we'd be 3 points ahead of Middlesbrough, so if we get enough goals (hugely unlikely) then we could afford to lose to Middlesbrough.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
To answer the original question - they may but I hope they don't. I'd rather have the same starting eleven as yesterday than a few fringe players out to make a name for themselves ahead of the playoffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here