• Yes

Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
the central issue’s no longer about whether cummings is elected or whether or not he lied (the balance of probability is almost certainly that he did in that his account of events seems highly implausible); it’s about the rank hypocrisy of those in government blindly defending him, unable or unwilling to evaluate the long-term damage they are imposing upon themselves and their party. One has to ask; why?

a very low quality cabinet and a useless pm - none of them have the balls to call this debacle out for what it is

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Has Chris Whitty given his opinion yet? Or is he being hidden away?

Whitty and Vallance were both pictured leaving Downing Street on Monday evening, the govenments response was this was because the media questioning was likely to be political re Cummings. Not seen any of the big guns, Whitty, Van Tam, Vallance or Harries this week which will have to change given the lockdowns supposedly easing as we move onto phase 2 from Monday.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Much as I disagree with Brexit, their decision to campaign on reversing the decision was political suicide. That is one of the reasons I can't vote for them - with that decision and the various Lib Dem interferences with the Albion, they really don;t know what the word Democrat means. But there must be loads of people who thought it was a stupid idea but tried sticking up for it anyway. I really don't get it. They are the party that should probably get my vote but keep doing stupid things.

To be fair, they said they would reverse Brexit IF THEY WON A MAJORITY OF SEATS IN THE HOUSE OF COMMONS. I don't have a problem with that per se, because if they had achieved a majority then they should be able to implement the manifesto they were elected on. In that sense it was not anti-democratic

I get that it was a mistake to campaign on a pledge of reversal, rather than a second referendum.

I am a Lib Dem member, and whilst I still support Ed Davey and his policies the political reality is that the England is a two-party state. The Lib Dems were miles apart from Corbyn and that aided their extreme Remain position in the 2019 GE campaign, but they now have the other problem where Starmer and his more moderate Labour Party is closer to the centre ground, in which case many members will simply switch their allegiance to him.

It still feels a big leap to vote Labour because they bring with them a lot of baggage. In an ideal world I'd like to see Labour and Lib Dem merge into a 'Democrat'-style party, but there seems to be in-built systemic mechanisms in the UK that strangle such parties at birth. It's incredible what Macron and 'En Marche' managed to do in France, and it's sad that our old Parliament building, old First Past The Post, entrenched interests and and partisan media restrict the evolution of politics.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whitty and Valalnce were both pictured leaving Downing Street on Monday evening, the govenments response was this was because the media questioning was likely to be political re Cummings. Not seen any of the big guns, Whitty, Van Tam, Vallance or Harries this week which will have to change given the lockdowns supposedly easing as we move onto phase 2 from Monday.

Here’s hoping Whitty and Valance hold out and hang the ******** out to dry. Good on them for appearing to have principles.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Here’s hoping Whitty and Valance hold out and hang the ******** out to dry. Good on them for appearing to have principles.

This.

This govt. is sunk......and I as an individual, limited though it is, will do everything in my
miniscule powers to get those f*****s out.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
3a3bdc43e43114b432a6284b10240345.jpg

This appears to be the real reason the undemocratic loons are getting their gussets in a gather over Cummings relocating his family within the law.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This appears to be the real reason the undemocratic loons are getting their gussets in a gather over Cummings relocating his family within the law.

Well there's wrong, and there's so drastically wrong it's borderline insane.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think the distinction that a LOT of people are missing is that Cummins is not a leader. He is not elected. Those we chose to be elected have decided his advice is good for the country. That is it. In the same way a footballer who broke lockdown (and there have been plenty of them!) are not sacked, there is no reason for him to be judged worse. And he has behaved far better and far more admirably than a lot of those.

I also ask who hasn't technically broken some of the lock down rules? No one done more than one exercise a day when the restriction was one? No one made a trip to click and collect something that wasn't essential? No one collected from a takeaway five miles away just because it's nicer than the one down the road?

Human beings are not perfect, they just do the best they can.

We really shouldn't be giving this one man's actions the attention when the other issues effecting us are massive by comparison.

I knew that it was only a matter of time before you went full Mouldy Boots, Tyrone Biggums, Baker lite, Ppf. I guess I'm just surprised it's taken this long :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
3a3bdc43e43114b432a6284b10240345.jpg

His 260 mile trip within the law? I question that. His 30 mile trip to Barnard Castle for a day trip for his wife’s birthday? Absolutely not within the law.
He’s spouted a load of bulllshit. You’ve swallowed it. You mug.

Fack knows what that Brexit letter is doing on here? Thought Brexit was all done and dusted?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here