Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will CMS shine in an Oscar team?

Will CMS shine in an Oscar team?

• Total voters

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
CMS Is just what we need...the Derby game all the players were guilty of ball watching...the times the ball went loose in the box and all the attack just stood around waiting to see where it would go. That brilliant header from Ulloa which hit the post ,came out....was anybody coming in to get it....no. Surprised the Derby defence did'nt turn round to our players and say."Oh thanks very much". ungrateful lot.

I struggle to see where CMS fits in with Oscar's system, how effective will he be wide left or right given that Ulloa is undroppable in the centre?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
As much as he comes across a nice bloke I don't see where he would fit in. He is also not clinical and his positional sense leaves a lot to be desired. Would think he will be a bench player when fit and maybe even sold in January.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that he will be a revelation when fit and will show why we paid the money for him he will play off of Ulloa with either Buckley or Orlandi playing wide. Think that could be the end of Lua Lua.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think he will. he'll be trying too hard and will be running around out of position even more than before he got injured.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
No you are right I think the way we are playing or seem to be playing presently is going to suit him.

I agree, and i think a big presence behind him that can either run onto his ball or support a through ball to him (Kemy at the top of the triangle) will work well.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If he's provided with quality balls to run onto, I can see him having a good season. That said, some of the worrying aspects of yesterday's 'performance' included: the distinct lack of quality passes going forward; the distinct lack of options for any player in possession; the way that we became narrower & narrower - as our offensive players became frustrated with their apparent redundancy & went looking for the ball in the centre of the park. If these type of shortcomings become our usual MO, I can see 'The Headless Chicken' routine being CMS's default approach.

Mr Garcia has much to do in order to get our show on the road this season, so let's hope we start seeing steady improvements starting at Brumscum. A cheeky point would definitely make me feel happier tbh.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think he will. he'll be trying too hard and will be running around out of position even more than before he got injured.
As said above I think he'll have less space to 'headless chicken' in, and will profit from it.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
I think alot of people are mis-reading this 4-3-3 formation that's been said to be Oscar's perferred layout. If it's based on the Barca plan it will either be a 3-5-2, a 4-5-1or a 3-1-5-1 whichever it turns out to be I will be surprised if it is a rigid 4-3-3 but what it most likely will need is the 2 wide players in the m/f or attack will need to defend alot more than they have been in the past. With his energy levels, a fit CMS may well prove to be a very valuable player.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I struggle to see where CMS fits in with Oscar's system, how effective will he be wide left or right given that Ulloa is undroppable in the centre?

I hope he will be supplied along with Ulloa from the wide players that were missing yesterday, Orlandi and Buckley which was what should have happened yesterday but Buckley and Lua Lua seemed to play through the centre rather than use the vast expanse of pitch we have.

And anyway why would we drop Ulloa from the centre - it was the best two effective bits of play yesterday save for a couple of shots he scored 1 and hit the post with the other

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As much as I would love to see him become the player we all thought he was going to be, his first touch and control will prevent that ever happening. He has a work-rate I've never seen in a player, comes across as being a very nice man but those qualities are simply not enough. Hope he proves me wrong.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I think once the team works out what Oscar wants and we get a few back including CMS we will e flying looking forward to an eventful season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here