Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will CMS be a better player this season?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We'll probably sell him in January like we did with Barnes rather than let him walk away for nothing at the end of the season.
No, CMS is worth keeping, he us a natural goal scorer, unlike AB who this season will be lucky to be bench man, let alone play and score......I think he may be loaned out elsewhere now Burnley have signed another striker.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He didn't start last season at all. For the record I think he will be our top scorer this season.

I think I agree. He will be far more effective if not isolated up front like he used to be. And even them he still scored goals.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Will he be a better player than last season? I know it's not his fault and it's lovely to see him back. But he's got to be a better player this season just by turning up surely. I thought he looked good from the moment he returned at the end last season and already great to see he knows where the goal is already this one. :)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No, CMS is worth keeping, he us a natural goal scorer, unlike AB who this season will be lucky to be bench man, let alone play and score......I think he may be loaned out elsewhere now Burnley have signed another striker.

CMS is far from a natural goal scorer. He has no composure in front of goal, he scuffs at the ball rather than caressing it around a keeper. Despite this I do feel he'll have a better season under Hyypia with a different formation. Against Lewes we saw several through balls for him to chase, he never got that under Poyet and I'd say that's his main strength, hanging on the shoulder of the last defender waiting to break the offside trap.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He didn't start last season at all. For the record I think he will be our top scorer this season.

Am I thinking the year before - oops yes I am. Weird I can remember games from 2002 etc like it was yesterday but forget what happened last season!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Am I thinking the year before - oops yes I am. Weird I can remember games from 2002 etc like it was yesterday but forget what happened last season!

To be fair last season was very forgettable. Yes I know we got to the play offs by some miracle. But it wasn't deserved if we are going to be honest and we were probably the worst team that has ever got to the play offs.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
CMS is far from a natural goal scorer. He has no composure in front of goal, he scuffs at the ball rather than caressing it around a keeper. Despite this I do feel he'll have a better season under Hyypia with a different formation. Against Lewes we saw several through balls for him to chase, he never got that under Poyet and I'd say that's his main strength, hanging on the shoulder of the last defender waiting to break the offside trap.
The Daddy got a perm ban :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pretty sure it'll be more of the CMS same, covering every blade of grass outside of the box instead of being inside it.

This.
Making him knackered by the time he shins a chance to grab a winner over the crossbar, yet again.

But at £3.25m, CMS have proved to have excellent cardio-vascular fitness. He can shuttle run for England (the C team) or Scotland.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is a make or break season for CMS , lets hope he has a goodun

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Fully depends on whether he has improved his first touch, overall technique and positioning. I hope so, but, based on previous can't see it

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If we actually play to his strengths then yes ... if we try to make him play square peg round hole scenario then no
This exactly........ play him on the last man, let him feed off through balls or knock downs............ DO NOT make him compete physically on his own up front against 6'5" centre halves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here