Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will club ban fan even though the courts havent ?

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Reading the Argus on train to work today and read about a fan that was arrested and had a date in court for both making a throat slitting action and throwing a missile on Queens road before the Palace game.

The judge said that the actions were not those of a hooligan but a moment of madness. Due to good character testimony (£1000 raised for REMF etc) he escaped a banning order. However the club can still give one if they wish ?

Does anyone know if they already have or havent given one, or have they not reviewed it yet

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Well the article does say that police will present CCTV evidence to the club in the hope of securing a ban after the court ruled that he was not a 'football hooligan'.

I see the 'streaker' has been banned until 2021 by the club, and three years from all football by the court.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Who was it? Raised £1000 for REMF, wow

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I neither know any of the specifics nor have I read the article, but I'd be amazed if the club did not impose a ban based on what you've written.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've raised more than that for REMF, but if the police / club had CCTV footage of me throwing missiles at away fans I'd be expecting a ban.

Jan 30, 2008
Reading the Argus on train to work today and read about a fan that was arrested and had a date in court for both making a throat slitting action and throwing a missile on Queens road before the Palace game.

The judge said that the actions were not those of a hooligan but a moment of madness. Due to good character testimony (£1000 raised for REMF etc) he escaped a banning order. However the club can still give one if they wish ?

Does anyone know if they already have or havent given one, or have they not reviewed it yet
so if you raise some money you'll get off , some people haven't thrown a punch and have gone down , INTERESTING :rolleyes:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I know nothing of this REMF link. Not sure if any good can come out of raking into it. REMF would not want to be associated with the story I am sure. Let it lie. Its done and dusted.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
so if you raise some money you'll get off , some people haven't thrown a punch and have gone down , INTERESTING :rolleyes:

Well that was used as part of his defence and the judge obviously took that into account

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
and your money back ?

I don' t think you are going to win many friends on here if you are about to start peddling a theory that people only raise money for charities for some perceived future benefit to themselves.

Stick to the more general Danny Dyer stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here