Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Just how many players have sheff wed got ! Christ they must have 50 players knocking around !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unplayable on his day, better not have one of those days against us

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
But he rarely uses his pace any more so it's not dangerous. Think he would rank well down our wingers now, only possibly above LuaLua (although not the way KLL started last season).

I wish we could get a player who could run into space (like Vardy, Buckley) and not keep on wanting her ball at its feet (Like Lualua) and his touch slows down the attack. Baldock is not quite quick enough and noether are he others apart from Lualua, although Solly March is no slouch. (He does not have the pace or shooting of Buckley, but more bottle). .

Elvis Manu looks like he might have a burst of speed?

NB: Roland Lamah (ex-Swansea) is meant to be quick but he was released after being on trial at Ipswich, so presumably he is not good either.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I wish we could get a player who could run into space (like Vardy, Buckley) and not keep on wanting her ball at its feet (Like Lualua) and his touch slows down the attack. Baldock is not quite quick enough and noether are he others apart from Lualua, although Solly March is no slouch. (He does not have the pace or shooting of Buckley, but more bottle). .

NB: Roland Lamah (ex-Swansea) is meant to be quick but he was released after being on trial at Ipswich, so presumably he is not good either.

Jamie Murphy.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Some harsh comments here. If he is fit then I'm sure most managers in the Championship would like him in their squad.

Yep, cracking player. About 100 games for us, 20 goals? Always seemed that when he had a good game we won. A match winner. Surplus to requirements for a team that can now blow 10 million on a squad player. Mid 20s? IF he's fit for half a season he's a great signing for a team that doesn't have the wealth of options that we currently have.

I hope he has a brilliant season for them and they finish 7th.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008

I didn't realise the mark of a good footballer was how quick they can run.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
15 starts, 1 goal and 2 assists in 2 years.. Bizarre signing for them. Can only imagine it's to get the squad numbers up.

Not sure if it's his attitude or his injury-proneness that's held him back, but it's almost sad that such a talented player will probably only have his decent spell with us to look back on when his career is over. If he flops at Sheff Weds, I can't imagine many Championship sides would be willing to take him on (I assume his contract at Sunderland is up in June).

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
15 starts, 1 goal and 2 assists in 2 years.. Bizarre signing for them. Can only imagine it's to get the squad numbers up.

Not sure if it's his attitude or his injury-proneness that's held him back, but it's almost sad that such a talented player will probably only have his decent spell with us to look back on when his career is over. If he flops at Sheff Weds, I can't imagine many Championship sides would be willing to take him on (I assume his contract at Sunderland is up in June).

many teams are going to want to take a chance that he's back to his best, because he was awesome for us for a couple of seasons

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Best moment for me was vs Southampton, when Dan Harding was subbed after 40 minutes and left the pitch in TEARS, such was the fearful mauling he was getting from Buckley that afternoon.

Nowadays he's not even half the player though. His hamstrings are made of crisps, so he can NEVER run full-pelt again. And without that speed, there's really not a lot else left in his locker.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Best moment for me was vs Southampton, when Dan Harding was subbed after 40 minutes and left the pitch in TEARS, such was the fearful mauling he was getting from Buckley that afternoon.

Nowadays he's not even half the player though. His hamstrings are made of crisps, so he can NEVER run full-pelt again. And without that speed, there's really not a lot else left in his locker.

For some reason in my mind that was against Forest.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For some reason in my mind that was against Forest.

I think it was the 3-0 v Southampton when Lambert was sent off (a textbook El-Abd faceclutch doing for him). I checked the stats and Harding was indeed subbed on 40 minutes in that game, that's what sticks in my mind. Could be wrong though.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think it was the 3-0 v Southampton when Lambert was sent off (a textbook El-Abd faceclutch doing for him). I checked the stats and Harding was indeed subbed on 40 minutes in that game, that's what sticks in my mind. Could be wrong though.

40 minutes, no matter who the opposition is, that is poor :lol:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
From Owlstalk

"
Love how Brighton seem to think he's gone backwards since he left them... He's contracted to Premier League Sunderland and he's joined a Championship team that came closer to promotion last season than Brighton did. Hardly going backwards since leaving the Mighty Seagulls!!"

I know they are thick up north but how did they get closer to promotion than us?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
From Owlstalk

"
Love how Brighton seem to think he's gone backwards since he left them... He's contracted to Premier League Sunderland and he's joined a Championship team that came closer to promotion last season than Brighton did. Hardly going backwards since leaving the Mighty Seagulls!!"

I know they are thick up north but how did they get closer to promotion than us?
They think they got closer to promotion because their deluded manager said they finished above us.

And he hasn't gone backwards since leaving. He was very disappointing the last two seasons he was with us, a pale shadow of the player that joined us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here