Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Brighton Ever Win A Major Trophy?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
obviously everybody knows I started this thread because were gonna win the League Cup this year :lol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But no more tea in 1901 at half time,even the ex players don't come into the lounge anymore probably at Harry Blooms.......this is all in pursuit of a future league cup glory i tell you...save now win later.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Doubt it but thats not the main objective,we now have a great stadium ,a great fan base ,great training facilitys and an established Championship team.I feel the only way is up for the Albion but allways remember the dark days,hereford,gillingham,withdean.God bless TB GOSBTS

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If we get promoted to the premier league, the reserve team would probably be able to reach a semi final in the league cup. Then we might take it seriously and win the thing.

Palace were terrible for the 2nd half of last season, but almost won the FA cup.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
WHEN we get promoted (at some point...hopefully), I'm praying we'll stabilise and then do a Hull/Crystal Palace/Wigan and find ourselves at an FA Cup final one year. Then all we have to do is win it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We won the Oxfordshire Benevolent Cup in 1985. Strewth, what more do people want ?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
with all this apathy towards the FA Cup let alone the League Cup

I just can't see it

That's the spirit! We are probably in the best place we have ever been, Stadium and Training ground funded by our local benefactor who is steeped in the Albion. Probably the best squad I have ever seen, so let's find something to moan about.
Brighton fans have always found something to moan about and always will do. Keep it up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We can't even win a semi final in a six team competition, what chance of we got of actually getting to any final again? Oh and if we ever got to contest the Charity Shield again wouldn't it mean we had already won a major trophy?

The best chance of a trophy is the development squad in whatever the Sherpa Van trophy is called these days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Sadly probably not. I'm sure if we get to a final (or even a semi) people will start to take an interest, but neither the club - or the fans - are prepared to make the necessary 'investment' in the earlier rounds to make that happen.

And I see our Charity Shield win has been mentioned. Proof yet again that Palace winning the FA Cup would be an utter disaster as they would hold the whip hand over us until such time as we could match their trophy.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Over the past 35 years we've won as many trophies as Newcastle - more of you include domestic league titles.c

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We won the Oxfordshire Benevolent Cup in 1985. Strewth, what more do people want ?

The largest domestic cup in this country. That's the cup not the competition.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here