Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will anyone give Tony cause to return early from Aussieland...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Would he not fly private out of Biggen Hill?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
But there are £200,000,000 reasons + £10,000,000 annual reasons why Tony does the boardroom hiring and firing, and nobody else.

This something that has always grated on me; who valued a 'reason' as being exactly £1?

Surely it's an interchangable rate depending on circumstances? For example, I'd be willing to carry out small tasks for as little as 50p. So if you hired me for £200,000,000, you could use me for 400,000,000 different reasons.

I don't want to interrupt anyone's Christmas, but it's certainly a point that's worth spending a few hours thinking about.

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This something that has always grated grated me; who valued a 'reason' as being exactly £1?

Surely it's an interchangable rate depending on circumstances? For example, I'd be willing to carry out small tasks for as little as 50p. So if you hired me for £200,000,000, you could use me for 400,000,000 different reasons.

I don't want to interrupt anyone's Christmas, but it's certainly a point that's worth spending a few hours thinking about.

It should be adjusted for inflation as well.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Wouldnt first class schedule be better both in comfort and value for money.

Doubt it on the comfort, and don't think money is an issue for the chap, especially when he has to make an unscheduled trip like he has done.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
When I said comfort I was meaning the planes from Biggin Hill would be smaller and BA 1st class has beds.

Depends on what sort of private jet you're using.

Embraer Legacy for example
image.jpg

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This would be Jewish Tony Bloom's wife and kids would it?

Another comment about his religion and Christmas, ha, ha.

I have Jewish friends and although they don't er "celebrate the birth of Christ" they are all having a holiday because it is one and every bugger else is.

The Asians in my local shop are having a few days off too.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Interesting poin that. I do find it strange that he is paying top dollar for a supposedly top CEO, and yet he doesn't SEEM to trust him to do the hiring and firing?
Tony has always said that the first team managerial appointment is the most important role of the chairman, and he will always take charge of it.

I imagine Paul Barber would have been trusted to fire Burke, and who knows, he may have done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The next time Tony is forced back from holiday, early, the car park at Lancing will clear quicker than a UKIP selection meeting after being asked if anyone has any skeletons on their closet.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You have to say he has acted fast and decisively. If he now pulls (no pun intended) a decent manager out of the hat quickly he will have done a great turnaround. It's easy to get things wrong, but often difficult to admit you did and change it, it seems he is a bigger man than some (including me at times) gave him credit for.

youre sort of right.... but i'm inquisitive to know, as Hyypia came into Blooms pre ordained structure, why has Bloom decided today to part with Burke?

Bloom left for Oz having backed Hyypia and promising funds. If Hyypia hadnt left, i doubt anything wouldve changed. Hyypia does resign and now the knives come out for the people Bloom appointed ahead of Hyypia's arrival.

if Hyypia hadn't of resigned, i'm guessing there would be no sackings today, Burke would still be here to oversee the Jan shopping?

I'm not sure Bloom has acted swiftly to resolve the problem, my guess is he's earmarked his new man who insists on bringing his own people as a pre condition, so off with Burkes head.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Ok one more time, from the top.

It's now Tony's club.
Tony employs EVERYONE (that's left)
Tony fires who he wants, when he wants.
Tony hires who he wants, when he wants.
Tony employs Barber to count every penny coming in and going out.
He employed Burke to be responsible for every player coming in and going out.

But there are £200,000,000 reasons + £10,000,000 annual reasons why Tony does the boardroom hiring and firing, and nobody else.

Hell YEAH!

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
If they have 1 specific target they would invite them to the Reading game and have an informal chat after, .then seal it in principal on 27th/28th. This would then leave the contracts to be drawn up by the respective legal teams as soon as back to work. It would be a standard contract with our particulars and demands, wages etc added.

In which case I would be interested to see if Karl Robinson is not at Notts County. Otherwise, we'd be looking at a currently out of work target...

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
The money from all these First class flights he's making could pay Bent's wages for another month. So inconsiderate

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I would have thought he'd have to stay a Saturday night to keep his flight cost down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here