Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will ANYONE ever be prosecuted over Hillsborough?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
obviously the kith and kin would like closure which means the truth being outed.
this will entail the guilty individuals being held accountable (the cops)
can that happen? we were at war with the irish at the time, the cover up goes
all the way up to mad thatcher

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just gets to me that in any tragic event such as this people automatically call for the heads of those in authority - doesn't matter who, as long as someone in authority 'pays'. Yes, people may have acted wrongly after the event, including police, but no one is ever allowed to mention nowadays, the inescapable fact that if thousands of Liverpool fans had not turned up intent on getting in without a ticket, this would never have happened.

Why do people perpetuate this lie? It was obviously untrue at the time, and has been proved to be so since, but still gets used as a reason for the tragedy by so many who refuse to accept that anyone 'in authority' could do anything wrong.

Many people died. Those in authority made up stories to escape the blame. Wake up.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
obviously the kith and kin would like closure which means the truth being outed.
this will entail the guilty individuals being held accountable (the cops)
can that happen? we were at war with the irish at the time, the cover up goes
all the way up to mad thatcher

Dave Brown, the Indy's award-winning cartoonist, expressed it perfectly.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/norbet/8643000686/

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just gets to me that in any tragic event such as this people automatically call for the heads of those in authority - doesn't matter who, as long as someone in authority 'pays'. Yes, people may have acted wrongly after the event, including police, but no one is ever allowed to mention nowadays, the inescapable fact that if thousands of Liverpool fans had not turned up intent on getting in without a ticket, this would never have happened.

Probably an alien concept to you but you should research your subject before making yourself look like a fool on a public forum.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...un-report-fans-looted-corpses-false?CMP=fb_gu

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Now, I'll grant that I dont really know all the facts (and if anyone has any good, unbiased articles to enlighten me then feel free to share) so forgive any ignorance, but is it a case of just one man or group, or a succession of failings? Is it just that there were too many people in there, or the infrastructure of the ground was known before to be unsafe?
I was 3 when it happened, but I'd like to learn more so as to not seem like some dullard.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Now, I'll grant that I dont really know all the facts (and if anyone has any good, unbiased articles to enlighten me then feel free to share) so forgive any ignorance, but is it a case of just one man or group, or a succession of failings? Is it just that there were too many people in there, or the infrastructure of the ground was known before to be unsafe?
I was 3 when it happened, but I'd like to learn more so as to not seem like some dullard.

head copper, jonny-on-the spot (promoted rapidly way above his ability cos s yorks cops top brass were found to be corrupt and were invited to take gardening leave) opened the exit gate. subsequently thatch ordered the cover-up, blame game. and breath

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

If you follow David Conn on Twitter, or Eleanor Barlow at the Liverpool Echo, they are presented live updates from the Inquest.

There's a lot of stuff to get through, and many more witnesses to interview and cross-examine, but there appears - from the evidence thus far given - that there was a systemic failure before the day (via the FA, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield City Council, the police) and on the day (mostly the police) all of which contributed to the Disaster.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
If you follow David Conn on Twitter, or Eleanor Barlow at the Liverpool Echo, they are presented live updates from the Inquest.

There's a lot of stuff to get through, and many more witnesses to interview and cross-examine, but there appears - from the evidence thus far given - that there was a systemic failure before the day (via the FA, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield City Council, the police) and on the day (mostly the police) all of which contributed to the Disaster.
Immediately & regularly since followed by a tsunami of lies, cover-up & currently very expensive wriggling & evasion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here