Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will a BHA player represent England at 2018 world cup?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I hope that in the World cup 2026 we will have a player who came through our youth ranks playing for England (if they qualify). For a Brighton player to represent England in the world cup we would have to be in the Premier League so hope so but doubt it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think we might be better off worrying about qualifying first.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's unlikely, but the fact that five youngsters who will be playing this season, Walton, Dunk, Ince, JFC and Solly are even mentioned as possibilities is excellent news for us :thumbsup:

The SPINE of the side in 2018 WILL be Walton, Dunk, Ince and March!

*edit* Just seen the above, don't tell me Jake is going to be Injured :(

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
It's unlikely, but the fact that five youngsters who will be playing this season, Walton, Dunk, Ince, JFC and Solly are even mentioned as possibilities is excellent news for us :thumbsup:

*edit* Just seen the above, don't tell me Jake is going to be Injured :(

Despite an impressive 20 goal season, which secured Brighton 4th place in the 2017/8 PL season, JFC was snubbed for a 39-year-old Frank Lampard :/

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I suppose if we can stretch it to include players who spent their early years at BHA then Gary Stevens (1986) would count. It shows how strong England used to be, particularly in midfield, that players like Nobby Horton weren't England regulars. Still I suppose not many non-First Division players got picked then. Steve Bull is the most obvious example of an exception to this. There must have been others though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Had to check but even Tommy Cook played in a winning England team in 1925!

Although that asn't in the world cup. 100% in world cup finals for Brighton players.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder what response Southampton fans would have give this question four years ago in league one!

True but none of the three should have been included if any possibly Lallans as a squad player but not Lambert or Shaw. Should have been Defoe and Cole and we would still be in with a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here