Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will 46 points

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Under Hyypia we had bad luck, but now we are getting the results we deserve. The finish to our season is much worse than the start, and at least we played with intent under Hyypia. Shame the fans didn't have patience with him and made him walk.
1 win in 19 matches isn't bad luck. That's shit management and he had to go. In fact i would have got rid much earlier.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Under Hyypia we had bad luck, but now we are getting the results we deserve. The finish to our season is much worse than the start, and at least we played with intent under Hyypia. Shame the fans didn't have patience with him and made him walk.

That sounds like what Barber was going on about on the podcast today (the stats showed we were not really that bad), we were bloody awful under Hyypia it had nothing to do with luck.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
1 win in 19 matches isn't bad luck. That's shit management and he had to go. In fact i would have got rid much earlier.

1 point out of 15 deserves a round of applause then ??? It will probably be 1 point out of 21 at the end of the season. I seriously don’t know how you can defend how shit we are now by saying "but Hyypia was really shit". At least the squad actually knew each other when Hughton took over, whereas Hyypia had to start from scratch.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That sounds like what Barber was going on about on the podcast today (the stats showed we were not really that bad), we were bloody awful under Hyypia it had nothing to do with luck.

Barber was right, more possesion, and more shots on goal when Hyypia was here. I liked his football more than Hughtons.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'd expect Rotherham to beat Reading at home, and if they have to win on the last day to get above us then going to Leeds is not a bad game to have.

So the big hope is Millwall. My concern with them is that they potentially have two games against teams with nothing to play for (Blackburn and Wolves, if results don't go for them next week to keep them in touch with the top six). Both are away, and Millwall haven't been terrible away from home considering their position. The big game for them is Derby at home, which they will almost certainly have to win to get above us, but Derby still have plenty to play for next week so I am reasonably confident they will do the business. However, if Millwall can pull something out the bag in that one we are in huge trouble, as I think they could pick up four/six points in the away fixtures.

Millwall fixtures

Blackburn away
Derby home
Wovles away

3 tough games if you ask me. I really cannot see them getting more than 4pts, Rotherham will lose 3 points soon.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Cardiff had nothing to play for today and still held Millwall. Playing away from home is always tough. I also can't see them beating Derby now they have their strikers back

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Given what be the magnitude of the game I would hope that we can get something from Watford at home. We were decent against Norwich and lost pretty late on to a quality strike and held Bournemouth for a long while. Things have not been going for us recently but we do start at 0 0. Here's hoping.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think we could go down on 46 points . I'd honestly rate that at probably . I think 47 would be enough . Shambles we are still scratching about

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I think you have enough given the records of the 2 in the mix especially as Derby have got something to play for. I really hope you stay up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A draw at Wigan would have seen us realistically safe, but 46 points leaves us on a knife edge, and in deep, deep relegation trouble.

I expect total anti-football in the 2 remaining games, trying to get that 0-0 result we need.

Timewasting from the 1st minute vs Watford ? ???

Of course : EVERYTHING CHANGES IF BLACKBURN BEAT MILLWALL ON TUESDAY.

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I hope we stay up on our own merit and not because others lose, that said I hope Blackburn shove it right up Millwall on Tuesday, still be nice to see us finish with 2 wins (yes, the drugs are working!! :) )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here