Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Wilko on brink of collapse

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've been in Wilko Worthing several times, but I don't think I've ever bought anything in there.

What do you buy from Wilko?

UK homeware retailer Wilko has warned that it is on the brink of collapse, putting some 12,000 jobs at risk.​
The privately-owned company said it had filed a "notice of intention" to appoint administrators after failing to find enough emergency investment.​
Wilko, which has 400 UK stores across the UK, is well-known for its affordable everyday items.​

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Suntan Oil

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My father in law was a painter and decorator at one point and swore by Wilko's paint range.

I've bought stationery, lampshades, a dustpan and brush, waste paper bins etc from Wilko's. I have to say the Range has a better choice nowadays.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I used to home brew wine when living there and they sold various kits.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Wilko paint, as mentioned above, is very good tbf.

Also some of their plant pots are nice.

Other than that, dunno really. Round here it's on the high street rather than the likes of The Range / B&M / Supermarkets which are in retail parks with free parking, so I rarely go unless I'm on the high street anyway. For what it's worth, it always seems very reasonably priced

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Clothes pegs.

It's no The Range, is it.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Their picture frames are a quarter of the price anywhere else. Garden stuff is good and their
stationery is good too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
At different times Jam jars for Pickles, Chutneys and of course Jam... candles, cheapo screwdrivers and saws, paint... seed potato's and veg seeds and garden fertilisers....Will be awful if they go.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It sells pretty much everything that everyone buys regularly on Amazon.

It was only a matter of time.

Followed by WHSmith and M&S.

Yes, people still shop there. And I like them as shops but rates are too high and profit too low.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Wilko's took the place of Woolies on the High Street.

Unfortunately for them, Home Bargains, B&M, The Range now all do the same thing better.
was going to say this. used to go often, but others are nearer. the missus remarked recently its gone down hill looking sruffy, with gaps or just not selling items anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here