Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkinson Speaks To Revolting Wednesday Fans

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Just seen this rather interesting post-match address that took place at Hillsborough on Saturday - after yet another home defeat. There's trouble at mill...

(ps You might like to turn your monitor 90 degrees in a clockwise direction)

[yt]vVG8mh2oTWs&feature=player_embedded[/yt]

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Listened to that this early afternoon.

One supporter mentioned about the player and his new Bentley motor car!

Got short shrift from Howard, but in essence the supporter was correct.

Massive wage demands and clubs bowing to those demands are putting clubs on a knife edge.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
A knife-edge is precisely the right term there Mr C. It hardly helps their cause that the team have started to plummet after a promising start to the season, as the pressure on the players is continually raised several notches after every defeat by the increasingly angry & frustrated hordes. I really thought they'd be one of the teams to beat this year, but a few more blows & they could be relegation candidates. There but for the grace of God & all that eh?

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I wasn't worried one bit after we set off towards Brightonia - after witnessing our 1-0 defeat up there. You see, I was absolutely CONVINCED that we'd be top of the league 5 games later. :whistle:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Fair play to Wilko for coming out to deal with them. He's only been chairman since the summer so this is scarcely a mess of his doing - the situation that Wednesday find themselves in is the result of a long term period of mismanagement and financial recklessness. What he says makes a lot of sense.

Reading Seagull

Jun 2, 2010
Reading
Not the fans fault and I honestly feel for them but hard to find sympathy with a club that effectively gambled its entire future on a few signings and immediate promotion...

This league isnt quite as easy as you thought is it ?!?!?

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
love the little pipsqueak at the end who shouts

"that were bull-crap!"

good luck to wilkinson tho - takes some bollocks to go out in front of that horrible lot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here