Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins...Why a Game of Chance ???

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Wilkins was a coaching genius last week when a 10 man Brighton team overturned Millwall last week.

Wilkins showed naivity on Tuesday when Brighton could not hang on to their advantage against a 10 man Bournemouth Team.

Madness isnt it.!!

The fact is that Wilkins is neither of the above but somewhere in between, far closer to the first discription than the last.

Wilkins is undoubtedly a passionate and extremely talented coach/manager who rather than being offered a lottery ticket chance of becoming the manager, should maybe be offered a 2,3 or 4 year deal.

I am convinced that at the end of any permanant deal the club and playing staff would be in a better shape then than it is now.

So as we play out the rollercoaster 'trial period' I for one wish him luck, and you should too !!!

BigGully said:
Wilkins was a coaching genius last week when a 10 man Brighton team overturned Millwall last week.

Wilkins showed naivity on Tuesday when Brighton could not hang on to their advantage against a 10 man Bournemouth Team.

Madness isnt it.!!

The fact is that Wilkins is neither of the above but somewhere in between, far closer to the first discription than the last.

Wilkins is undoubtedly a passionate and extremely talented coach/manager who rather than being offered a lottery ticket chance of becoming the manager, should maybe be offered a 2,3 or 4 year deal.

I am convinced that at the end of any permanant deal the club and playing staff would be in a better shape then than it is now.

So as we play out the rollercoaster 'trial period' I for one wish him luck, and you should too !!!

Hear hear - well said Dean:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
"should maybe be offered a 2,3 or 4 year deal."

:nono:

Far too risky- completely untried at this level, i hope to hell he's the man, i love the man to bits after his ipswich free-kick, but we MUST get it right this time.

D

Deleted member 2719

He is alright by me and he probably sings "Brighton till i die" before he goes to bed at night!!

:clap2: :albion: :clap2: :albion: :clap2: :albion:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Untried...and after 7 or so games he would then be 'tried' !!

Thats exactly my point, your backing lady luck.

My guess is that Wilkins loves the club and would undoubtedly bring the club forward, maybe even significantly in, yes a 2,3 or 4 year period.

The coming results will not neccessarily reflect any longer term success.

Of course you must firstly except that Wilkins is genuinely talented.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
:nono:

I dont doubt that deano loves the club..............

.................but so do i- i dont think you'd be too pleased if i was given the job.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I might think your worth a shout..!!

You conveniently forgot the talented bit..............

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
BigGully said:
I might think your worth a shout..!!

You conveniently forgot the talented bit..............

well i played for mid-sussex when i was 12, i thought i was pretty good.

Played at withdean twice- once hitting the bar with a free-kick!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Didn't another internal candidate win his first game (away) and his second was a home draw........and apart from a league cup win against a smallish team at home.that was it?

Boodles of defeats.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
2, 3, 4 or more years, it doesn't really matter does it? The club will sack Deano, or any other manager when they feel like it, or when it's politically expedient to do so.

There is no loyalty in football anymore, very little patience, and certainly no common sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here