Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins O'Meter

you cannot disagree the standard of football at this level is utter shite that is all I am saying

Well I didn't think last night was shite as all. Lots of free flowing attacking football, goal mouth scrambles, good passing and movement from both teams and some cracking goals.

Anyway time for an update isn't it? I think that's 1 loss in 11 and 6 wins? :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well I didn't think last night was shite as all. Lots of free flowing attacking football, goal mouth scrambles, good passing and movement from both teams and some cracking goals.

Anyway time for an update isn't it? I think that's 1 loss in 11 and 6 wins? :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Completely agree. Supporting a team isn't a rational decision based on form, ambience of stadium or whatever. I'm Albion and am bloody proud of the fact. Through shit and shitter and now we appear to be able to string some passes together, got a tight defence a half decent keeper and our strikers appear to be able to find the goal.

Ah...f*** it. Why do we bother telling all the doomsayers this, NS Herald? They all crawl away until we start losing again and then all the Wilkins-haters come back out in force.

Does make me wonder if they really are Albion fans.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Considering that we have spent approx 80% of the last decade at this level or worse then its not as if you dont know what to expect.

I'm sure some statto will correct me but I think we've spent 90% of our entire existence at this level or below. Considering the circumstances the football's ten times better than it could be.

Come on Spielberg, give us an update on your "Wilkins O'Meter". You did after losses in the League cup so surely this counts to your stats..?

Ah...f*** it. Why do we bother telling all the doomsayers this, NS Herald? They all crawl away until we start losing again and then all the Wilkins-haters come back out in force.

Does make me wonder if they really are Albion fans.

I'm surprised no-ones complained about the ticket allocation for Orient unless of course all the moaners can't be arsed and are happy to sit and complain at the telly??

Really looking forward to this 'top of the table' clash which should provide a better insight into our prospects.

Perhaps US is waiting for us to lose that before he next posts?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i can't believe what i have just read us

i haven't read this thread for a few weeks but can't believe you are still nit picking at wilkins !

think any off us would have settled for being 6th 4 points of the top and still in 2 cups at the middle of november,the football has been poor at times yer but that was a decent performance against walsall and should have been 4 wins in 5 which would have had us in 4th place ! only a bit of brilliance from the young kid stopped that.

we are fighting in games when our lucks down,scoring late goals which we haven't done in recent times,people are even coming of the bench and scoring regulary.

ok wasn't the greatest performance at times last night but we should have been out of sight at half time but we didn't take our chances and nearly paid for it

the squad is a decent squad at this level we have a bit of competion in most positions far more than last season who's that down to?......mcghee?

all in all we and wilkins are doing alright at the moment! i don't think we will be this high come may but if nicky backed up by a few others could find the back of the net a bit more regular and we can keep tightish at the back who knows we might be able to stay in contention

got to give wilkins a 8 at the moment at least surely?

he's improved the squad,his changes during the game seem to be making a diifference more often than not

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Perhaps US is waiting for us to lose that before he next posts?
If that is the case, then I fear he is going to be disappointed. We look like a solid unit, while Orient have a negative goal difference and recently shipped in FIVE at home against a side we shut out AWAY from home a couple of weeks beforehand.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Played 18
Won 8
Drawn 4
Lost 6
For 22
Against 17

Points predictor for season 73
Position predictor for season 6th
Forster league goals predictor 12

Wilkins O'Meter 7 ( no change )

1 defeat in 10 now, pretty solid looking outfit.

No change? we win and Wilkins rating stays the same.We drew and it goes down.You really are f***ing clueless

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Wilkins should be judged on 2 things. Is he providing us with a good side and is he entertaining us.

Big yes on both at the moment.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Wilkins should be judged on 2 things. Is he providing us with a good side and is he entertaining us.

Big yes on both at the moment.

Being 6th in the table and still in two cups.I think that answers your question Questions :D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hate to bring this up again but US was OUTRAGED when McGhee got the job instead of Tony Adams, and then look how he came to support him, so I wouldn't put too much store by his opinion about Albion managers :lol:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Wouldn't be surprised if the Wilkins O'Meter went down after our draw away top 2nd in the division going on previous weeks:rolleyes::jester:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 20
Won 9
Drawn 5
Lost 6
For 28
Against 20

Position predictor for season 5th
Point predictor for season 73
Forster league goals predictor 16

Wilkin's O'Meter 8 ( up from 7 )

A decent win against Cheltenham in the Piss Pot with 4 goals scored. The first half Saturday was crap by both sides although Hammonds was a good goal. However we were very good in the second half with some great attacking moves and looked a decent team. With 1 defeat in 12 the omens are good and there is no reason why we should not make the play offs at least. We are becoming a very hard side to beat with a solid defence and Forster looks a class act at the moment. The only mystery is why some people doubted Wilkins and Forster's abilites at the start of this season.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 21
Won 10
Drawn 5
Lost 6
For 30
Against 21

Point predictor for season 73
Position predictor for season 5th
Forster league goals predictor 16

Wilkins O'Meter 8 ( no change )

The last 13 games reads:

Won 7
Drawn 5
Lost 1
For 20
Against 10

The only defeat was when we battered Leeds. The omens are good and the team look capable of doing something this season. 1 defeat in 13 is superb and if we do not lose to Carlisle Saturday I expect Wilkins to win league 1 manager of the month for November.

Well done to all concerned

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here