Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins O'Meter

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Last nite if we were playing last year we would have lost that game 1-0.

Thats how far we have come. A moment of brilliance from Wallsall and some missed opportunities contributed to last nites result.

Thats how far we have come. A massive, massive improvement.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
The football is better this season but lets be honest not great and the home form is slipping into the bad ways again with 1 win from the last 5 home games.

Not helped by a lot of people (including you) who were only to quick to try and get him sacked rather than get behind him and give him a chance.

We were very unlucky against a Leeds side who have only lost one game this season. Apart from that we have only lost one other game at home all season ourselves, you seem to draw on the bad points?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not helped by a lot of people (including you) who were only to quick to try and get him sacked rather than get behind him and give him a chance.

We were very unlucky against a Leeds side who have only lost one game this season. Apart from that we have only lost one other game at home all season ourselves, you seem to draw on the bad points?

if that fits your agenda, if however you read my posts I do give a lot of positives and praise so I guess you did not read them before posting and postied a comment based on ignorance , his results when I said he was not to the job made him in threat of the sack, his recent results mean he is safe, you see managing a football club is a results game

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
if that fits your agenda, if however you read my posts I do give a lot of positives and praise so I guess you did not read them before posting and postied a comment based on ignorance , his results when I said he was not to the job made him in threat of the sack, his recent results mean he is safe, you see managing a football club is a results game

Agreed to some point, but you have to give someone time in a new job. After all he has to build his own team and not the left overs of someone elses.

Rome wasn't built in a day :drink:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Played 17
Won 8
Drawn 3
Lost 6
For 21
Against 16

Points predictor 73
Position predictor 6th
Forster league goals predictor 12

Wilkins O'Meter 7 ( down from 8 )

Is it only me or are we over egging the pudding. The football was ok last night, no better, not the Brazil style passing and moving some would have you believe. We were the better side and should have won by 2 or 3 goals however becuase Walsall were woeful. Martot had a good game but lost us the win when he shanked a glorious chance from 10 yards , Savage was mom for me but Forster had his best game for the club, very sharp and the only mystery was why he was subbed ?. We could get to the play offs this season because THE FOOTBALL IS ABSOLUTE SHITE in this league. The opposition are generally piss poor and any half decent side would walk this league, ala Leeds.

This is a golden chance to make an unexpected return this season to the Championship. The crowds are so low as a backlash to the disgraceful home performances last season with 1 win 4 draws and 7 defeats in the last 12 games. Wilkins and his brand of football then turned off a huge swaythe of Albion support and costs lots ot sth's and butterfly fans.

The football is better this season but lets be honest not great and the home form is slipping into the bad ways again with 1 win from the last 5 home games.

Yeah right.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
" Yeah right. "

Piers, this means you agree with me

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
What the hell are 'butterfly' fans?

The low crowds are not a 'backlash' against last season's performances. They are because the tickets are too expensive. Unfortunately, we all realise that they have to be high to cover the extortinate costs of running Withdean.

We played entertaining football last night but just lacked a cutting edge.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
What the hell are 'butterfly' fans?

The low crowds are not a 'backlash' against last season's performances. They are because the tickets are too expensive. Unfortunately, we all realise that they have to be high to cover the extortinate costs of running Withdean.

We played entertaining football last night but just lacked a cutting edge.

But saying that the fans turned out in our previous promotion seasons. I think a bit of Falmer fatigue is setting in maybe? People a bit fed up with the ground etc (obviously the prices aren't helping).

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 18
Won 8
Drawn 4
Lost 6
For 22
Against 17

Points predictor for season 73
Position predictor for season 6th
Forster league goals predictor 12

Wilkins O'Meter 7 ( no change )

1 defeat in 10 now, pretty solid looking outfit.

This thread pretty much reflects the media in general. They are more interested in bad news but when things are going well they aren't interested.

DW detractors haven't got a lot to complain about at the moment and hence no posts for a week. You can be sure that if we lose tonight the moaners on here will soon come out of the woodwork.

On the playing front there has been an undoubted improvement albeit still lacking that killer instinct - maybe tonight's the night :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We are better than last season no doubt but I find the standard of football at this level very depressingly bad to be honest

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
you cannot disagree the standard of football at this level is utter shite that is all I am saying

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
It is what it is and we are by no means the worst. We have improved under Wilkins and given the handicaps that we labour under and his inexperience, he should be applauded.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sky described it as a mediocre league at the weekend. I think that's about spot on, but it sure is making for an interesting season. You can throw a hot over the top dozen or even more clubs. No one is pulling away - not many are looking left behind yet.

Could be a classic season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here