Wilkins O'Meter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You would also sack Wilkins and bring back Mcghee. Think I'll trust in Deano's judgement over yours awhile longer thanks.

If only that were an option Lokki

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I would drop Forster to the reserves for a while and play Elder

not sure about that - forster actually looked like he could offer something in the second half when the midfield and defence werent so deep and we actually played the ball on the ground

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I would pick Robinson or Elder ahead of Forster

Yet last night we played it to Forster's feet he looked a much better prospect, the problem is we too often lump the ball to him.

Not sure on what basis you would pick the other 2. Robinson has not scored a goal since the last period of GMT and Elder, well he does not really seem to have come on all that much. Yes he scores for the reserves and looks in better physical condition, but his touch is still questionable. Too say he is still raw is a bit of an understatement.

Seems like players whose stock have risen via not playing.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 11
Won 4
Drawn 2
Lost 5
For 12
Against 11

Points predictor for season 65
Position predictor 10th
Forster league goals for season predictor 9

Wilkin's O'Meter for season 6

I thought this was an average game from 2 quite average teams, Bristol Rovers were poor and we weren't much better. The defence looks very solid and Elphick is player of the season by a long way, Cox was good in the first half then went awol, Robinson ran around a lot and Revell missed a sitter after 2 minutes. Savage was not at the races today and the passing was sub standard with lots of loose balls. Cannot agree with the people on the radio who said it was a good performance, it was not. A strange middle aged balding man came across the pitch with the players before the second half and spent the entire second half in the dug outs, not sure who he was. We are looking a solid mid table third division team.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 12
Won 5
Drawn 2
Lost 5
For 14
Against 12

Points predictor for season 65
Position predictor 10th
Forster league goals predictor 9

Wilkins O'Meter for season 6

I am unwell so can't be arsed to comment

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
harsh

but probably fair

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 13
Won 6
Drawn 2
Lost 5
For 15
Against 12

Point predictor for the season 71
Position predictor for the season 9th
Forster league goals predictor 8

Wilkin's O'Meter for season 7 ( up from 6 )

5 games unbeaten, 7 hours of league football without a conceded, Wilkin's is doing well at the moment, bring On Leeds. Thats all I have to say on the matter.

So 2 away wins against teams we lost at last year and a credible away draw against a team that is scoring goals for fun. And all this with key players out and a dodgy loanee.

Some of out football has been excellent and some has been rubbish but the key to success is results and so far we aren't doing bad.

Well done the lads and the management and please give us a good result on Saturday which will set us up nicely for the BIG game that evening.

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 14
Won 6
Drawn 2
Lost 6
For 15
Against 13

Points predictor for season 67
Position predictor 10th
Forster league goals predictor 7

Wilkins O'Meter for season 7 ( no change )

I was proud to be a Brighton fan yesterday. It was an excellent perofrmance and we battered Leeds for most of the match. What a shame we do not have a striker in the final 3rd to finish off all that good work by the goalie, defence and midfield, Robinson looked very lively and Revell is a tryer but lacks that killer touch and instinct, give him 5 chances and he may score 1. Forster has proved to be a total waste of space and money. Our top scorer again is a midfielder with no one to be seen anywhere near the top goalscorers table again.

Our defence looks one of the best in the league, Elphick is the best talent this club has unearthed for a decade and is head and shoulders a better player than the over rated Lynch. Fraser had his best game for the club as well.

I do not blame Wilikins for this loss, it was rank bad luck. Leeds were rubbish and if we play like that and get a striker in I see no reason why we cannot make the play offs or even the 3rd spot behind Leeds and Notts Forest.

Well done lads and hands off Elphick.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Leeds were rubbish and if we play like that and get a striker in I see no reason why we cannot make the play offs or even the 3rd spot behind Leeds and Notts Forest.
because it the same old story in front of goal

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Played 14
Won 6
Drawn 2
Lost 6
For 15
Against 13

Points predictor for season 67
Position predictor 10th
Forster league goals predictor 7

Wilkins O'Meter for season 7 ( no change )

I was proud to be a Brighton fan yesterday. It was an excellent perofrmance and we battered Leeds for most of the match. What a shame we do not have a striker in the final 3rd to finish off all that good work by the goalie, defence and midfield, Robinson looked very lively and Revell is a tryer but lacks that killer touch and instinct, give him 5 chances and he may score 1. Forster has proved to be a total waste of space and money. Our top scorer again is a midfielder with no one to be seen anywhere near the top goalscorers table again.

Our defence looks one of the best in the league, Elphick is the best talent this club has unearthed for a decade and is head and shoulders a better player than the over rated Lynch. Fraser had his best game for the club as well.

I do not blame Wilikins for this loss, it was rank bad luck. Leeds were rubbish and if we play like that and get a striker in I see no reason why we cannot make the play offs or even the 3rd spot behind Leeds and Notts Forest.

Well done lads and hands off Elphick.

Good post but then you go and spoil all the good work by saying Lynch is overrated.Far from it.He will leave one day for a good size fee

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
it is my opinion he is over rated, Elphick is much better

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
it is my opinion he is over rated, Elphick is much better

You can tell that after a few games can you?Wait untill he loses a bit of form.When Lynch is on form we have no better defender.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports