Wilkins O'Meter

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Very good Lokki

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The thing is McGhee had 2 full seasons to build his side...

Yes and after 1 and 3/4 of a season his side was sold off for profit and replaced by an Argentine no hoper our chairman insisted he signed.

He was never given the funds to try and rebuild it. Wilkins has.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I am doing a " Spielberg Moan O Meter " to gauge and assess our wonderful moaner this season. Seeing as the 39 league games he had of whining last season appear to have been an illusion and trickery with smoke and mirrors and he only became a broken record in the Summer , I am generously disregarding his disasterous spell of posting last season and will judge him on this season as I have been told to do as its his complaints, tedium and sour grapes.

You can follow this and if Spielberg proves me wrong you can see me admit the error of my ways and ridicule me. I hope for the sake of the board he proves me wrong we could do without 4th division whinging.

So far we have had 2 games and 2 defeats so he's got a 100% record of undermining the manager. He has said today he does not feel under pressure at all and thats sad really that the expectations of the board are so pitifully low that if we scrape through the season and finish 20th with minimal moaning that will be seen as a great success.
So to summarise:

Games 2
Wins 0 - 0%
Draws 0
Defeats 2 - 100%
Goals scored 1 - 0.5 a game
Goals conceded 3 - 1.5 a game

Spielberg Moan O Meter rating - 8 out of 10

This will be updated Saturday.

Could you do the meter based on person heady towards the edge of Beachy Head?

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
I am doing a " Spielberg Moan O Meter " to gauge and assess our wonderful moaner this season. Seeing as the 39 league games he had of whining last season appear to have been an illusion and trickery with smoke and mirrors and he only became a broken record in the Summer , I am generously disregarding his disasterous spell of posting last season and will judge him on this season as I have been told to do as its his complaints, tedium and sour grapes.

You can follow this and if Spielberg proves me wrong you can see me admit the error of my ways and ridicule me. I hope for the sake of the board he proves me wrong we could do without 4th division whinging.

So far we have had 2 games and 2 defeats so he's got a 100% record of undermining the manager. He has said today he does not feel under pressure at all and thats sad really that the expectations of the board are so pitifully low that if we scrape through the season and finish 20th with minimal moaning that will be seen as a great success.
So to summarise:

Games 2
Wins 0 - 0%
Draws 0
Defeats 2 - 100%
Goals scored 1 - 0.5 a game
Goals conceded 3 - 1.5 a game

Spielberg Moan O Meter rating - 8 out of 10

This will be updated Saturday.
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yes and after 1 and 3/4 of a season his side was sold off for profit and replaced by an Argentine no hoper our chairman insisted he signed.

He was never given the funds to try and rebuild it. Wilkins has.

Yet McGhee often bought players in, most of whom produced little and we got relegated in spectacular fashion, showing little fight.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Give it a rest please US!

Yes the football at home last Season was pretty poor - indeed at times it was woeful, but it was shocking with MM in charge too. (With the added NO PASSION factor with MM in charge - at least now the players look like they care.)

Give Wilkins a chance, IMO we are not that far off being an OK side - a Central Midfield player and a right Midfield/winger.

So far we have lost, rather unluckily (two crap penalty decisions against us) at a place we have Never won at, and lost away to a club who EXPECT to be in the top 6 of the Championship come May.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Yet McGhee often bought players in, most of whom produced little and we got relegated in spectacular fashion, showing little fight.

McGhee wanted Forster and a plethora of other strikers who could've kept us up.

Knight had blown the money on the Latino Lump so was happy to let his manager take the blame, for "not signing players when money was there" :angry:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
McGhee wanted Forster and a plethora of other strikers who could've kept us up.

Knight had blown the money on the Latino Lump so was happy to let his manager take the blame, for "not signing players when money was there" :angry:
Don't take your McGhee issues out on Wilkins.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Scottish geezer, bought free, sold £ 250000
Currie - bought free, sold £ 250000
Revell - brought £ 8000
Virgo - sold £ 1 500 000 to mate Strachan
Knight - sold £ 125000
Harding - sold £ 600000 or so
Henderson, brought £ 30000, sold £ 150000

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Scottish geezer, bought free, sold £ 250000
Currie - bought free, sold £ 250000
Revell - brought £ 8000
Virgo - sold £ 1 500 000 to mate Strachan
Knight - sold £ 125000
Harding - sold £ 600000 or so
Henderson, brought £ 30000, sold £ 150000

Which Scottish geezer?

So he made some money in the transfer market, still got us relegated showing near to no fight.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Gareth, I am not denying that McGhee played an integral part in our successes and effectively kept the club running, but he has gone. It is quite clear, as Mr Buck said, that you would be unhappy with any replacement.

Wilkins was thrown in at the deep end and we survived. We must be looking to build on that and push on from there. Why would we want to sack another manager so early in the season!?

You condemn the sacking of McGhee as you state he was given a chance, but you would condone the sacking of Wilkins? It doesn't make sense.

£100k for the scottish bloke if I remember correctly but wasn't that before McGhee took charge?

No Paul, if we win I have have to be contrite and if we do well I will apologise to Wilkins, if we keep losing I will want a new manager so the club can win and suceed, whats so hard to understand about that, the facts are 2 games, 2 defeats, if people on here are happy with the team losing week in week out fine, I am not and want the team to be winners, I don't think Wilkins can ultimately deliver that

You're absolutely right US. Now do us a favour and go and 'support' Spurs where you are REALLY needed. 2 games - 2 losses - one at home - and against the same level of opposition having spent millions. Absolutely shocking :jester::jester:

You condemn the sacking of McGhee as you state he was given a chance, but you would condone the sacking of Wilkins? It doesn't make sense.

Don't try and muddy the argument with logic and reason BoF.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I have because I can.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All I'll say is that Spielberg's unreasonable anti-Wilkins rant is no more and no less irriating as the unreasonable anti-McGhee rants that started nearly a full season before he got the boot.

Spielberg, could you do you and everybody else a favour by giving him at least until Christmas before you spout another shit thread along the same lines as this.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
All I'll say is that Spielberg's unreasonable anti-Wilkins rant is no more and no less irriating as the unreasonable anti-McGhee rants that started nearly a full season before he got the boot.

Spielberg, could you do you and everybody else a favour by giving him at least until Christmas before you spout another shit thread along the same lines as this.

If were in the relegation zone come october, will you still be the giving the monkey till christmas? :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here