Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilfred Zaha

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Should have refused United and gone to another Premier League team where he would have been given game time, in hindsight. If he'd done this though would Palace have refused to let him move to a club that put in a lower bid for him? In short, how much say does a player have in a situation like that?

If he's good enough he would have got the "big" team move in the future anyway. Seems a shame for his talent to be left in the stiffs. (as a Brighton fan did I really post that :blush:)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is from a journalist source of mine in Manchester

"Zaha's agent met some cockney hacks in London. Told them Zaha would be loaned out in January: that Moyes simply doesn't fancy him; that he (Zaha) had signed for Fergie, and had been assured Nani was going to be sold in the summer. Zaha thinks he can get on the plane for Brazil so wants league games week in week out" Moyes is also reported to have said off the record to a gathering on the summer tour that he "didn't know why Zaha had been bought", but thinks it was SAF leaving him an unwelcome present to management at OT

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Should have refused United and gone to another Premier League team where he would have been given game time, in hindsight. If he'd done this though would Palace have refused to let him move to a club that put in a lower bid for him? In short, how much say does a player have in a situation like that?

If he's good enough he would have got the "big" team move in the future anyway. Seems a shame for his talent to be left in the stiffs. (as a Brighton fan did I really post that :blush:)

I agree - for all the stuff posted about WZ on here (often by me!) he is another talented young English player rotting away in a reserve team while young foreign lads are picked ahead of him - as they are clearly better than him.

Shame really. Must be tough on a player like him who goes from the hero worship of his previous club to becoming a virtual nobody in a few months. A loan out seems to be the best way out for him... but not back to Palace!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sorry to bounce this thread but can anybody answer this please?

Zaha looks likely to be off loaded to Everton as part of a deal Moyes wants to get Baines in. If he leaves as a sort of player plus cash deal do Palace get any "sell on" for him?

Look at our example when Zamora went to Spurs-we got royally screwed when he left them to go to West Ham. These big clubs use sell on clauses as a way to make deals for players look good-often knowing that any sell on payments will never be needed.

Look at our example when Zamora went to Spurs-we got royally screwed when he left them to go to West Ham. These big clubs use sell on clauses as a way to make deals for players look good-often knowing that any sell on payments will never be needed.

Indeed, it was exactly the Zamora thing that got me thinking about it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is from a journalist source of mine in Manchester

I think the last bit about Fergie spending £12 million for a JOKE ruins the credibility of this slightly. The rest is perfectly believable.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Why is everyone getting sucked in by the hype? He's just not that good, all his useless skills mean nothing in the prem, he's been found out. He's mid table prem at best and shouldn't be anywhere near the plane to Brazil next summer.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Why is everyone getting sucked in by the hype? He's just not that good, all his useless skills mean nothing in the prem, he's been found out. He's mid table prem at best and shouldn't be anywhere near the plane to Brazil next summer.

Agreed. Tends to use his trickery with no prevail.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Must be the shirt in which he gave LB the MOM award :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here