Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilfred Zaha

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why is that. He is under 21 and therefore is not part of Man U 25 named squad. Can he not join any Prem team on loan before January and not be required to be part of the clubs named 25?

No loans allowed for Premier League clubs until Jan 1st.

The current loan window does not allow Premier League teams to get players in.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Why is that. He is under 21 and therefore is not part of Man U 25 named squad. Can he not join any Prem team on loan before January and not be required to be part of the clubs named 25?

Yeah others have already covered this but he cannot move to a Premier club until the window reopens as they cannot sign players on loan outside of the window. It's nothing to do with the 25 man squad or his age, only exception to this is certain free agents, which is why West Ham could sign Carlton Cole a few days ago.

If he doesn't want to drop a level for a few months he must be happy to pick up his wages and get the occasional place on the Man Utd bench.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Times ( no less) said that Moyes wants to loan him out to another premier league club. Zaha has stated he will not go to a championship team and. It is THE PLAYERS PREFERENCE to NOT return to Palarse despite attempts by Hollowhead to cheekily get him back. Ha ha haha ha

Going back to Palace on loan could effectively end his career in the highest league because basically they are considered a Championship outfit who fluked promotion and not improved their side enough by everyone else in the Premier League.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seems Moyes and him have made up, he's on the field tonight..

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
There should be a documentary made about his move up north and it should be called...

The Men Who Robbed United.

...the incredible story of how 4 Cockney wideboys conned an American family out of 15 million pounds for a half decent Championship winger.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
My personal opinion is I prefer Buckley and Lualua. But due to our horrendous injuries, I'm open to any sort of loans

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bolton is the obvious loan destination I guess, if it happens before January.

Lopez's Left foot

Oct 21, 2013
There should be a documentary made about his move up north and it should be called...

The Men Who Robbed United.

...the incredible story of how 4 Cockney wideboys conned an American family out of 15 million pounds for a half decent Championship winger.

He was one of the best players in the Championship last year, prob only 2nd to Ince. To say otherwise is pretty stupid and bitter. I'd have him on loan in a heartbeat. I suopose you want us to keep Conway instead? ???

Zaha to Everton

Sorry to bounce this thread but can anybody answer this please?

Zaha looks likely to be off loaded to Everton as part of a deal Moyes wants to get Baines in. If he leaves as a sort of player plus cash deal do Palace get any "sell on" for him?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Zaha looks likely to be off loaded to Everton as part of a deal Moyes wants to get Baines in. If he leaves as a sort of player plus cash deal do Palace get any "sell on" for him?

I doubt it.

Sell-on clauses are usually the sort of thing you include when you're selling to a medium sized club from which you eventually expect the player to go on to higher things.

Regardless of United's current position, there aren't many bigger clubs in this country, and they paid Palace £12 million (well spent so far) for him, which suggests no sell on clause to me (the other reason for having one is because the buying club want to keep the initial outlay down, which United clearly didn't).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

In short, no, they'll get nothing.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I know its fun having a pop at Mr Zaha because he is a bit of a dick and was at our friends down the road. Plus he cost twice what he should have.

Zaha is however very definately a premier league player who with games and the right attitude could make an England player.
I have no doubt about that, he ripped a hole in pretty much every championship side last season.
The only mistake he has made is going to Utd where its very difficult to get a regular game.
For young players to progress they have to play, much like JFC, Ince and March they need game time. And generally progress at a rapid rate.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I know its fun having a pop at Mr Zaha because he is a bit of a dick and was at our friends down the road. Plus he cost twice what he should have.

Zaha is however very definately a premier league player who with games and the right attitude could make an England player.
I have no doubt about that, he ripped a hole in pretty much every championship side last season.
The only mistake he has made is going to Utd where its very difficult to get a regular game.
For young players to progress they have to play, much like JFC, Ince and March they need game time. And generally progress at a rapid rate.

Did he? His goals/assist count was extremely low for someone supposedly as talented as him. Great for tricks and flicks, not so great if you want regular end product. And yes I realise he scored twice at the Amex, but that wasn't a sign of consistent form.

Not a pop at Zaha at all Marshy, in fact I feel for him really.
Like him or not Zaha has the potential to go a long way in Football and I think that Moyes is going to knock the boys confidence so low he will take years to recover from it.

And to be fair, even if Palace don't get a further penny for him it was still one of the biggest rip offs I've ever seen.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I'd be very surprised if United sold Zaha to Everton, however much they want to get Baines. I think although Zaha hasn't featured much for United yet, he will get his chance eventually. The emergence of Januzaj has knocked him down the pecking order, but I think it's more likely Ashley Young, Nani and possibly Kagawa will get sold on and Januzaj could well end up playing more centrally in due course, which would give Zaha opportunity to play wide left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here