Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wilfred Bony

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Indeed. Like you, I had no problem with Locadia being binned as he's never really looked the part. Andone though - disruptive or not, I think we had something there. Taking the bone-headed red card out of the equation, he'd started this season looking sharp, mobile and hungry. I just do not buy this "he's moved on because he wanted to play regularly" line - he'd have got LOADS of gametime at BHA this season. He'd already forced his way into the starting lineup in what turned out to be his final game for us.

We've been sold a notion that GP is some kind of horse-whisperer, who really understands players and knows what makes them tick. Now I know none of us know exactly what went on for this sudden 180-degree turn on Andone's involvement at the club, but was it really ALREADY considered that far beyond the zen-powers of Potter to get a tune out of him ? Particularly as in striking terms its now left us up a very whiffy creak, with only a rolled up copy of the Radio Times as a paddle.

Baffling.

That’s where I am, along with Bozz’s mutterings

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He would be in the squad at Wimbledon tonight if that works so wouldn't he? ROI U-23s play Friday night.

That doesn't follow. He's not going to be in the ROI senior squad - that wouldn't mean he would e available for us tonight. Even though he's down the pecking order he's in the U23 squad, I imagine.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oh my good God, the overreaction to the departure of a hot headed bit part player who has clear anger management issues is utterly beyond belief... he was/is average at best and a player who has NEVER been prolific... and yet he runs around a lot and thus was evidently going to be the difference between 12th or relegation?!? seriously, are people having a laugh...? Big Jurgs achieved more and yet failed to score against Palace... poor Jurgen, the dice were loaded from the start.

Andone is red card waiting to happen, we simply can't afford to carry his antics... he's simply not worth the risk, any tangible benefit he might bring comes with the MASSIVE caveat he's a total maniac.

He had his chance to start afresh, keep it calm and he blew it. I say again good riddance to a mercenary who I doubt cares where he's playing as long as he gets paid... shit loads.

Time to get behind the players who deserve and want to wear the shirt, and stop wallowing in self pity about loaning out another relative failure... who judging by his tweets couldn't give a flying ****.

Oh my good God, the overreaction to the departure of a hot headed bit part player who has clear anger management issues is utterly beyond belief... he was/is average at best and a player who has NEVER been prolific... and yet he runs around a lot and thus was evidently going to be the difference between 12th or relegation?!? seriously, are people having a laugh...? Big Jurgs achieved more and yet failed to score against Palace... poor Jurgen, the dice were loaded from the start.

Andone is red card waiting to happen, we simply can't afford to carry his antics... he's simply not worth the risk, any tangible benefit he might bring comes with the MASSIVE caveat he's a total maniac.

He had his chance to start afresh, keep it calm and he blew it. I say again good riddance to a mercenary who I doubt cares where he's playing as long as he gets paid... shit loads.

Time to get behind the players who deserve and want to wear the shirt, and stop wallowing in self pity about loaning out another relative failure... who judging by his tweets couldn't give a flying ****.
Methinks you've posted on the wrong thread!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Methinks you've posted on the wrong thread!

No I intended it right here... this thread has be hijacked by people bemoaning the Andone departure - hence my rant re the ridiculous panic over his ‘saga’ - a bloke who scored a handful of goals and was nearly sent off as many times in over a season.

He only played when he fancied it anyway, he was never going to be a GP man. Never.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You are still discussing this crippled 35+ (who knows?) year old who the last time anyone in the Western world saw him was slower and stiffer than the average Championship centre back? The guy who is currently playing eight-a-side games on Mondays in the outskirts of Swansea?

Bony is a terrific, lovable man, but his career is most likely over and even if it isnt, there is absolutely no chance he will ever play in the PL again.

You are still discussing this crippled 35+ (who knows?) year old who the last time anyone in the Western world saw him was slower and stiffer than the average Championship centre back? The guy who is currently playing eight-a-side games on Mondays in the outskirts of Swansea?
But he's also been training with those famous giant-killers in the old county of Monmouthshire! As you're Swedish, that's Newport (which was a 'county borough'). You may or may not be interested in the fact that Monmouthshire was moved from England to Wales in the early 1970s (free transfer).

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No I intended it right here... this thread has be hijacked by people bemoaning the Andone departure - hence my rant re the ridiculous panic over his ‘saga’ - a bloke who scored a handful of goals and was nearly sent off as many times in over a season.

He only played when he fancied it anyway, he was never going to be a GP man. Never.

Which then begs the question - why get rid of him 4 games into the season, when we can't even bring in a replacement ? The "panic" isn't because he's been binned off - its justified concern over what we've now been left with.

If Locadia and Andone had been jettisoned a month ago during the window, then I would absolutely be expecting us to bring in reinforcements to supplement a creaking middle aged striker on his last legs, a second division striker stepping up, and an untried U23. Had the window closed on deadline day leaving us just with those 3 as a strikeforce going into a PL season, then the gale-force floods of piss on here would've made Dorian look like a puddle in a light breeze.

Whether you rated them or not, losing two senior strikers after the window closed, without replacing them, has now left us woefully short up top. And god help us if Murray gets a twinge.

THATS the issue.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Well said, you retro musical dinosaur, you :lolol: :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Which then begs the question - why get rid of him 4 games into the season, when we can't even bring in a replacement ? The "panic" isn't because he's been binned off - its justified concern over what we've now been left with.

If Locadia and Andone had been jettisoned a month ago during the window, then I would absolutely be expecting us to bring in reinforcements to supplement a creaking middle aged striker on his last legs, a second division striker stepping up, and an untried U23. Had the window closed on deadline day leaving us just with those 3 as a strikeforce going into a PL season, then the gale-force floods of piss on here would've made Dorian look like a puddle in a light breeze.

Whether you rated them or not, losing two senior strikers after the window closed, without replacing them, has now left us woefully short up top. And god help us if Murray gets a twinge.

THATS the issue.

Maybe the pair were under observation for a bit and sadly curdled as it got too late to do much about things. Locardia, ta ta, fair enough. And then Andone appears to have gone and made himself unavailable for selection for stuff we don't know about.....lick our wounds and get the upgrades in during the January window. And....unclench, then.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
And if it was thought that Andone was going to be disruptive in the dressing room then it’s best all round if he’s shipped out whether it leaves us a bit short up front or not.
Fingers crossed we don’t get any injuries and the recruitment team can now go full on focusing on a January signing knowing those 2 are off the books for this season at least

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Indeed. Like you, I had no problem with Locadia being binned as he's never really looked the part. Andone though - disruptive or not, I think we had something there. Taking the bone-headed red card out of the equation, he'd started this season looking sharp, mobile and hungry. I just do not buy this "he's moved on because he wanted to play regularly" line - he'd have got LOADS of gametime at BHA this season. He'd already forced his way into the starting lineup in what turned out to be his final game for us.

We've been sold a notion that GP is some kind of horse-whisperer, who really understands players and knows what makes them tick. Now I know none of us know exactly what went on for this sudden 180-degree turn on Andone's involvement at the club, but was it really ALREADY considered that far beyond the zen-powers of Potter to get a tune out of him ? Particularly as in striking terms its now left us up a very whiffy creak, with only a rolled up copy of the Radio Times as a paddle.

Baffling.

Its not just one red card though is it. It is effectively 3 and could easily have been 4 vs Spurs. He has only played 26 games now the opposition would be aware he is a red card waiting to happen it would be so easy make that statistic much worse. Not baffling at all.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have 2 views on Bony and not sure which is foremost:

1. Give him a 3 month deal with an option for extension.
2. GP released him so perhaps not too keen.

The big downside is the cost of his wages with the upside being that he can reproduce the form he has shown in the past. Flip your coin,.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have 2 views on Bony and not sure which is foremost:

1. Give him a 3 month deal with an option for extension, to the end of season if successful.
2. GP released him so perhaps not too keen.

The big downside is the cost of his wages with the upside being that he can reproduce the form he has shown in the past. Flip your coin,.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here