Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wilder vs Fury predictions

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The purse for AJ/Tyson should be simple - 50/50 split.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I’d actually argue, 55/45. I think many on here underestimate Fury’s achievements, like Ali he had a three year hiatus in his career, granted the Vietnam issue is somewhat different to what Fury has been through, but it’s still the same what in that they’ve missed out on prime years in their respective careers.

For me Fury is the greatest British heavyweight ever, his comeback story from the brink of suicide and specifically his master class performance last night ultimately prove this.

Personally I don’t think Wilder’s family will let him go back in, he reportedly banked $35million last night, that’s a pension fund in itself.

Pulev will step aside and Joshua will fight Fury in the summer, Fury wins and then hopefully Dillian Whyte will get his long overdue title shot against Fury in October, O2 or Cardiff.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
This narrative of AJ having it easy is complete nonsense. Unless of course you missed him winning Olympic gold, beating 4 of the current top 10 ring magazine heavyweights, getting off the floor to beat Klitschko and avenging the Ruiz defeat when everyone in boxing thought he it was the wrong thing to do to take the immediate rematch??!

Where did he beat them?

And he lost to a bum who was massively out of shape in the rematch..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I’d actually argue, 55/45. I think many on here underestimate Fury’s achievements, like Ali he had a three year hiatus in his career, granted the Vietnam issue is somewhat different to what Fury has been through, but it’s still the same what in that they’ve missed out on prime years in their respective careers.

For me Fury is the greatest British heavyweight ever, his comeback story from the brink of suicide and specifically his master class performance last night ultimately prove this.

Personally I don’t think Wilder’s family will let him go back in, he reportedly banked $35million last night, that’s a pension fund in itself.

Pulev will step aside and Joshua will fight Fury in the summer, Fury wins and then hopefully Dillian Whyte will get his long overdue title shot against Fury in October, O2 or Cardiff.
Nothing to argue about 50/50.

They both need eachother equally as much to become undisputed.

AJ holds more belts.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Nothing to argue about 50/50.

They both need eachother equally as much to become undisputed.

AJ holds more belts.

Fury is a fighting man so he would agree 50/50. He deserves a lot, lot more though. At least 60/40.

Fury has beaten champions in their own backyard if you count Germany being the spiritual home of Klitschko.

Joshua was incredibly close to defeat against Klitschko, whereas Fury won 11 out of 12 rounds. Fury is the bigger name and better fighter.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Fury is arguably the better fighter. AJ was fighting while Fury was a fat bellend doing coke though. 50/50 and let's get it on. Couldn't call that one either but will be cancelling all plans for that weekend when it happens.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He’d be lost without it, it helps him a lot.

He’s young for a heavyweight champ and he’s rarely taken any punishment.

It's not the punishment from fighting. It's the thought of training hard for the next couple of years. Even the best of athletes get tired of it.

I think just looking two years ahead is a reasonable goal, however it doesn't mean that when the time comes he won't change his mind

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's not the punishment from fighting. It's the thought of training hard for the next couple of years. Even the best of athletes get tired of it.

I think just looking two years ahead is a reasonable goal, however it doesn't mean that when the time comes he won't change his mind

Boxers have long gaps between training camps when they get on with their lives.

For a now at peace Tyson Fury, that seems to be an increasing amount of time in spotlight with the media. He’s a charismatic person, with a life story to tell.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Just a reminder that Wilder ducked Wlad when he'd had almost double the amount of fights as AJ had when he went in the ring with him. The disrespect for AJ is bizarre.

I wonder if some of it is the Hearn connection and more to do with the over promotion and hype rather than anything to do with AJ as an individual or his ability.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Where did he beat them?

And he lost to a bum who was massively out of shape in the rematch..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you are the champion and you are packing out stadiums you don't have to travel, you can't criticise him for that. I am sure that Fury would have fought Wilder and Klitschko in the UK if given the chance.

Whatever you say about Ruiz, he is a class above some of the boxers Fury has struggled with recently. Unlike Fury Joshua isn't allowed to have an off day....imagine the flack that he would have got if Joshua had taken on and struggled against the likes of Schwarz and Wallin. He would have been hung out to dry even just for taking those fights.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Fury is arguably the better fighter. AJ was fighting while Fury was a fat bellend doing coke though. 50/50 and let's get it on. Couldn't call that one either but will be cancelling all plans for that weekend when it happens.

No argument about it. Fury is so much better it will be a very one-sided fight.

Joshua has no lateral movement, poor footwork and crap stamina.

Part of my dislike of AJ is due to Eddie Hearn but also the fake persona he gives off. Too polished and media trained. Whilst I don’t always agree with what Fury says it’s refreshing in our sanitised world to hear someone who basically doesn’t give a ****.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Boxers have long gaps between training camps when they get on with their lives.

For a now at peace Tyson Fury, that seems to be an increasing amount of time in spotlight with the media. He’s a charismatic person, with a life story to tell.

Well he will probably get a few weeks off and then it's back into some light training again in some shape or form just to avoid weight gain. It was amazing that he lost 10 stone to take him to the 19 in the last instance. Losing that weight was probably the biggest fight of his life so he cannot relax too much over the next couple of years if he wants to go out at the top of his career, and then maybe make a return. But what do I know.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I am a fan of both Fury and AJ.

Am I in a minority? I find it really odd if I am.

I watched both of the Froch v Groves fights as fans of both and still loved it.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I wonder if some of it is the Hearn connection and more to do with the over promotion and hype rather than anything to do with AJ as an individual or his ability.

Its jealousy, the British have a strange trait of disliking successful people and particularly sportspeople.

If we can't criticise their sporting achievements then we have a go at their personal lives, as long as we can find a flaw somewhere.

I suppose it makes people feel better about themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here