Wii Cricket

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Our resident weather guru Papa will testify that this game has been in the offing for sometime, he ordered well over a year ago and it never materialised. Eventually his order was cancelled, so I wouldn't bother mate

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Erm, a budget release from a studio such a "Popcorn Arcade" doesn't inspire me with confidence. Expect a "comic" game with options such as "beach cricket" and big, goofy sprites - and very little controller recognition...

I hoped for a Brian Lara Cricket adaption or something, not a crappy budget release.

Our resident weather guru Papa will testify that this game has been in the offing for sometime, he ordered well over a year ago and it never materialised. Eventually his order was cancelled, so I wouldn't bother mate

Yep, I was in the same boat. Order was similarly cancelled. It's got to be Brian Lara or EA Sports if it's going to be done properly. Until then, we'll all just have to make do with Beach Sports.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Ah well, this looks quite good though

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/1116958/Connect-TV-Cricket/Product.html

1116958x.jpg

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That photo is SKANKED from the Facebook group I started DEMANDING someone make a Wii Cricket game.

We need the Brian Lara 2010 for the Wii (although I guess it will be Kevin Pieterson 2010 or something like that).

"And it is Brett Mendoza to bowl from the drinks cabinet end..."

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
that photo is skanked from the facebook group i started demanding someone make a wii cricket game.

We need the brian lara 2010 for the wii (although i guess it will be kevin pieterson 2010 or something like that).

"and it is brett mendoza to bowl from the drinks cabinet end..."

figjam 2010 ??

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As Rusco quite rightly has said, it was on Play.com over a year ago... I think it was listed at £19.99 (so not a good sign already). It stayed on my order for almost a year before being removed.

Brian Lara Cricket for the PS2 is still one of my favourite games of all time, and I still enjoy playing a test series on there, but a similar game for the Wii would be f**king awesome. With the new 'additional bit' that gives the controller more sensitivity as well, you'd get so much subtly in both batting and bowling.

As has been said, it has to be done well, but we've seen what they can do on a simple basis for Baseball (Wii Sport) and beach cricket (Beach Sports), and both are playable even as a mini game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports