Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan v Charlton TONIGHT live

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
That'll do Wigan's confidence the power of good.

Hopefully. :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Where were we in the queue to sign Chris Eagles probably not even in it. Good signing for Charlton as he could have been the wide saviour we are seeking.

We signed someone else. The Boro bloke. I haven't seen him play yet. Have you ? Is he better or not than Eagles in your opinion ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We signed someone else. The Boro bloke. I haven't seen him play yet. Have you ? Is he better or not than Eagles in your opinion ?

I dont know if he is better but I do know of Eagles ability plus the fact that he was a free agent so signing him would have left us with another loan signing option.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A 3-0 home loss to Charlton. Blimey. Latics fans must be in a right old state.

We could be 9 points ahead of Wigan by 5pm tomorrow. And if Millwall slip up against Fulham , 4 ahead of them and if Rotherham get nothing out of Wolves away then blimey we'd be 20th.

If ...

Given that Fulham are n the slide a draw would perhaps be a better result for us

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I dont know if he is better but I do know of Eagles ability plus the fact that he was a free agent so signing him would have left us with another loan signing option.

I don't know either but i trust the club's scouts who have watched him many times and Hughton's judgement. Obviously the club tracked Eagles (as would every other club in Albion's position) and passed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Similar position in the league, club with similar potential can only be one thing wages.

or that he was grateful for any contract in football having failed to come to any agreement with the bottom club of the league.

NB: Charlton had the 20th lowest wage bill in the league in 2012/13. Albion had the 8th.
There is nothing in the accounts published just recently for 2013/14 or TB's quotes "wage bill is our highest in history" re: our playing budget to suggest anything other than our playing budget, this season, is considerably more than Charlton Athletic. So wages. I don't think so.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Where were we in the queue to sign Chris Eagles probably not even in it. Good signing for Charlton as he could have been the wide saviour we are seeking.

Ledesma seems to be the better option. If we had signed Chris Eagles on loan I think the club would have insisted on him wearing a shirt with a German surname on the back - KÜNTZ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here