Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan fans waxing lyrical about Rohan Ince on their fans forum the 'Wiganer'....

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Reading a few other fans websites I notice both that they are very small by comparison to the Leviathan that is NSC; also racist undertones abound , seemingly un-moderated. Anyone else notice them? I refer to the comment about Ince on the. Wigan site .
TNBA

TTF

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Where does Ince fit when all our first choice midfielders are fit?

Will he get in ahead of: Bridcutt, Crofts, Andrews, KLL, Buckley, Spanish Dave, Barnes (assuming he won't play as a point man when Ulloa is fit), Agustien, Orlandi or even JFC?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Where does Ince fit when all our first choice midfielders are fit?

Will he get in ahead of: Bridcutt, Crofts, Andrews, KLL, Buckley, Spanish Dave, Barnes (assuming he won't play as a point man when Ulloa is fit), Agustien, Orlandi or even JFC?

I don't know but it's great isn't it.

Ince is our best midfield headerer of the ball and he is strong, so it depends on if that usp is seen as an advantage.

I suspect the players coming back will be brought in slowly and by then some of the others may have picked up niggling or worse injuries and will be rested.

I wouldn't even mind seeing Bridcutt tested at Right Back if Bruno & Calde were ruled out for some reason.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ince is our best midfield headerer of the ball and he is strong, so it depends on if that usp is seen as an advantage.

Nowhere near as good as Bridcutt, who is one of the best at heading in the league. Ince wins a lot of headers, but rarely directs them very well. Bridders wins EVERY header, and directs them well.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Nowhere near as good as Bridcutt, who is one of the best at heading in the league. Ince wins a lot of headers, but rarely directs them very well. Bridders wins EVERY header, and directs them well.

This. Plus it is much more enjoyable seeing the tiny Bridcutt LEAP from the ground to win a header over much taller opponents!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
This. Plus it is much more enjoyable seeing the tiny Bridcutt LEAP from the ground to win a header over much taller opponents!

he really should be accompanied by a spring sound affect when he jumps for a header he's that good.

Jimmy Grimble

I would say Crofts is probably slightly better in the air than Ince, as well.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Seems Wigan is still stuck in the 70's (happened to be there again today so picked up Wigan Evening Post)

hetymuza.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ince wins a few balls in the air but not as many as he should due to his height. The problem is the ball just seems to hit his head and is not directed in any way. He is getting better but is not a serious comparison to Bridcutt in any, aspect of his play and spending the season as understudy to Bridcutt, who is the master of winning defensive headers in midfield and then directing them to a team mate, will do him the world of good in his progress. I think that people are getting carried away here by suggesting that because of him Bridcutt wont get back into the side when he is fit.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I agree. But only a few weeks ago someone of here was slagging him off for never winning a header.:facepalm:

To be fair, there was one game when he couldn't win anything in the air, against Blackburn. But everything else he did that game was brilliant. I loved the moment in that game in the second half when he picked the ball up in defence and ran powerfully down the middle of the pitch and passed to Lita.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I don't know but it's great isn't it.

I suspect the players coming back will be brought in slowly and by then some of the others may have picked up niggling or worse injuries and will be rested.

I wouldn't even mind seeing Bridcutt tested at Right Back if Bruno & Calde were ruled out for some reason.
As usual Symyjym you talk sense....Ince has a great future...hopefully with us..

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
I would only add that his passes seem sloppy. Never where his team mates wanted the ball, but just in the general direction. He has all the physical attributes to be a beastly center midfielder.

Remember that sol Campbell started as a cm before moving into the back.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I would only add that his passes seem sloppy. Never where his team mates wanted the ball, but just in the general direction. He has all the physical attributes to be a beastly center midfielder.

Sol Campbell actually started as a striker. I can't imagine he scored many, I bet he made goal kicks effective!

Ince looks very composed when ever pressure is on him whilst he has the ball. He reminds me very much of Viera. Yes he's still got stuff to improve on but the potential he has is all there to see.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ince looks very composed when ever pressure is on him whilst he has the ball. He reminds me very much of Viera. Yes he's still got stuff to improve on but the potential he has is all there to see.

i dont think we are attending the same matches,he looks to me as slightly panicky when under pressure,saying that i am still a big fan of him,think he has great potential,a definite must hold on to.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
i dont think we are attending the same matches,he looks to me as slightly panicky when under pressure,saying that i am still a big fan of him,think he has great potential,a definite must hold on to.

I don't know what games you're attending but he definitely looked calm and composed in dangerous moments when ever i've seen him. You can tell he's played CB before with his composure in the tackle and on the ball in deep positions. He looks technically very gifted and still so young.
If Bridcutt and Ince could form a midfield partnership, I'd imagine something similar in style to Viera and Petits partnership at Arsenal. I can't say if it will happen but i do look forward to seeing it!

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Ince wins a few balls in the air but not as many as he should due to his height. The problem is the ball just seems to hit his head and is not directed in any way. He is getting better but is not a serious comparison to Bridcutt in any, aspect of his play and spending the season as understudy to Bridcutt, who is the master of winning defensive headers in midfield and then directing them to a team mate, will do him the world of good in his progress. I think that people are getting carried away here by suggesting that because of him Bridcutt wont get back into the side when he is fit.

I think he won every aerial challenge at Wigan on Saturday. Anyway - I think you're right in saying that Ince would/should NOT keep Bridcutt out of the side; Liam is a class act and would get into every midfield in the division. I don't agree however that should mean Ince plays understudy for the rest of the season. He was very good on Saturday, and has been one of our best performers on most occasions that he has played this season. There should be room for him and Bridcutt together in our midfield for many of our remaining games.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

If I recall correctly, Ince was originally a CB when we got him, but he's being played in CM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here