Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan Athletic vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Fair enough, I though it was dire and was glad he went. I cannot name one game I enjoyed and I saw the majority home and away.

We got to the play-off's because of other teams being equally as bad, and this season will be similar, as we'll stay up because other teams are more appalling.

I've always found the 'we only got promoted/to the plays offs/ not relegated etc because others were worse' as strange line. Surely that is obvious, you could win the league and would only have done that because others were worse. You end up in the league where you deserve over the course of a season

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
As things currently stand, the only way Millwall could overhaul us would be by winning all 3 of their remaining games and while we lose both of ours. Goal difference should be enough to protect us if they win two and draw one.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I've always found the 'we only got promoted/to the plays offs/ not relegated etc because others were worse' as strange line. Surely that is obvious, you could win the league and would only have done that because others were worse. You end up in the league where you deserve over the course of a season

Yes, I can't argue with that, but compare it to the previous season and the football we were playing then.

Alternatively, you can argue that our true abilities were found out in the play-off's.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
thats ****ed it

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
holding-on.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town